picture problems

PDA

PT1911
March 19, 2009, 01:14 PM
alirght... I am about to lose it... how can I decrease the size of a picture file to allow it to post.. nothing i am trying works... I am ending up with a picture that is 2.47 MB no matter how much I try to cropt or otherwise adjust. I know that sounds huge... not the case... I dont know the issue

If you enjoyed reading about "picture problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PT1911
March 19, 2009, 01:29 PM
...frustrating the picture size is 600 bytes, each time I try to upload, the site is saying the file is too large and says it is 2.47 MB?????? I dont get it...

PT1911
March 19, 2009, 01:43 PM
think I may have figured something out...

Mal H
March 19, 2009, 05:41 PM
I've never seen a 600 byte image unless it is a small graphic like a smiley.

If you haven't found the solution yet, you might try www.irfanview.com. That one has always worked well for me when I need to resize or resample n image.

B yond
March 20, 2009, 03:02 AM
I recommend Gimp. It's a decent open-source photo editor and the price is right ($0.00).

CapnMac
March 20, 2009, 05:24 AM
Gimp is good, so is irfanview--both are free for personal use.

Irfanview d/l's with a Thumbnail viewer which is very handy. It also uses keyletters which can be handy. Open an image, then use CTRL+R, and that opens the Resize menu. Pressing S afterwards opens the Save As menu (which is handy for appending -small, or moving reduced images to a specific subdirectory, as the last folder used is remembered).

If you enjoyed reading about "picture problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!