What's your favorite method of carry?

PDA

azhunter122
March 19, 2009, 07:34 PM
Concealed Carry
Open Carry
Both depending on the situation

If you enjoyed reading about "What's your favorite method of carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cambeul41
March 19, 2009, 08:26 PM
I have another method. I look for my name.

ambidextrous1
March 19, 2009, 08:31 PM
OWB @4 O'clock; arthritis in my right shoulder may force me to switch to cross-draw, also OWB. :uhoh:

Texas doesn't permit open carry - yet.

SigP229R
March 19, 2009, 10:32 PM
I voted concealed however, as far as I know NC allows open carry but you never see it and I can just hear the whispers and comments if anyone carried in that fashion. So carry concealed and just keep down the stares and comments.

chris in va
March 19, 2009, 11:15 PM
I really enjoy open carry. So much easier not having to try and cover something up.

That being said, I *have* to conceal most of the time just because I'm tired of the looks and having to answer questions. I'm not much of a people person.

blooeyesguy
March 19, 2009, 11:16 PM
Even if Texas ever becomes an open carry state, I still plan on keeping mine concealed. For me personally, there is no reason to let anyone know you're carrying until there is a really good reason.

On the flip side, my job requires open carry, but this post is about preference.

PTK
March 19, 2009, 11:17 PM
Generally I conceal when I'm in a new area. Around my home and such, I open carry. On road trips inside the state, I open carry.

miconoakisland
March 19, 2009, 11:27 PM
NC resident but work a lot in SC.
In NC, IWB/OWB concealed but no big deal if it shows or prints.
In SC only option is concealed, so IWB, or anywhere with P3AT.

Given my druthers, OWB 4 o'clock and giving a crap whether or not it shows.

Blatant exposure OC isn't for me though (too much crap to deal with).

Kind of Blued
March 20, 2009, 01:11 AM
I'd prefer to open carry 24/7 for a number of reasons if I could, but I have to put up with anti-gun policies about 80% of my waking hours. Open carry is also very uncomfortable for me, because nobody makes 30x36" pants, so I need at least one gun in my pants to get them even close to fitting, but I'll always carry >1 guns, so it'll likely always be either concealed, or a combination of both.

Glockman17366
March 20, 2009, 08:10 AM
I voted concealed carry.
I don't want the added attention...and I want the element of surprise in a self defense situation.

If I were a hunter, I'd of voted both, depending on the situation.

Deanimator
March 20, 2009, 08:26 AM
Other than exercise in hot weather, I carry every day, usually IWB. If I need to disarm frequently, I carry a 2" .38 in a pocket holster.

I don't open carry, but don't object to others doing it. I also get very offended when those who lawfully open carry are harassed.

CoRoMo
March 20, 2009, 09:27 AM
The only time I open carry is while hunting or hiking into the backcountry.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's your favorite method of carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!