Kershaw Zing

PDA

Todd A
March 20, 2009, 08:08 PM
I had to pick up a new carry knife. Due to downsizing, and not wanting to collect unemployment, I took a 4 day a week job in an adjoining state. This state doesn't allow me to carry a fixed blade concealed. :fire: So ... I needed a new one-hand knife to carry with my SAK. :)

So I picked this up at Walmart...

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/08/71/71/17/0008717117350_500X500.jpg

It has a 3" blade , thumbstuds and flipper (but not AO) and is 14C28 steel.
It came with a hair popping edge and hasn't lost it so far.The tip is as fragile as the Leek and I did snap it. (I dropped it). :( No major deal I used a stone to give it a new tip. All in all it is a great, fairly slim, light knife to bring to work.

Ohhhh... And I haven't completly crossed over to the tactical side....I picked this up today too.

A vintage Robeson #2.. :D( Shown with a 8OT large Stockman)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/toddma/100_0657.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw Zing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikerdoc
March 20, 2009, 08:26 PM
Nice knives Todd,
Sorry about the job situation. I Guess "change you can believe in" has new meaning for you. Hang in there buddy.

Todd A
March 20, 2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Doc .... but years of living well within my means (I have never even applied for a credit card, never mind have one :eek:) has left me much better off than most.

This job takes care of child support, knives, and ammo. :D

bikerdoc
March 20, 2009, 08:42 PM
Thats what im talking about, Pay the bills and have some left over for toys.
He by the way, making a 4th attempt at Becker scales. So far so good. will finish the oak ones first, the move on to to the yellow ones to honor you know who.

Todd A
March 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
Scuttlebutt from KaBar is June release of micarta and various wood scales.:D

Just in case....:evil:

sm
March 21, 2009, 01:09 AM
* ears burning for some reason.*

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw Zing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!