Sebenza

PDA

Highpower1
March 20, 2009, 11:38 PM
Okay, I think I have to have one (I've wanted one for a long time, but everytime I go close to buying one something would come up). Well I've made up my mind to buy one. I know that I want the Large Sebenza, but I'm curious as which one to buy (the Classic, or the Sebenza 21). What are the differences? I'm really not interested in the wood layins.

Any help from the guys that actually have one would be greatly appreicated!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sebenza" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alaskanativeson
March 21, 2009, 02:07 AM
I'm a big fan of Sebenzas, I have the small 21. It's a tough as hell knife that is smooth and extremely well made.

Highpower1
March 21, 2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have wanted one for years, just haven't pulled the trigger on buying on. I've decided I must have one now.

JTW Jr.
March 21, 2009, 05:09 PM
I have had about 10 or so over the years , I get the jones for one , buy it , after a few months , turn it loose.

It is a well made knife , but for me , the ergonomics just are not there. Why they never made a more rounded handle version is beyond me. I use my knives quite a bit , and after use for a length of time , it tends to irritate my hand.

It's a knife that will outlast you , if you like the way it feels , you will be happy for a long time.

TimboKhan
March 21, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hso should be in here. He is a pretty dedicated Sebenza fan and can probably answer any questions you have.

hso
March 21, 2009, 07:19 PM
Sebenza good! :evil:

hso
March 21, 2009, 07:23 PM
It looks like Chris only has the 21 available these days.

There's very little difference in the 21 and the "Classic". Supposedly, the 21 is just a little more pocket friendly than the "Classic" but I can't tell a hill of beans difference from the pictures.

Highpower1
March 21, 2009, 11:00 PM
It's funny HSO, you are partly the reason that I want this knife so badly. I remember reading something that you wrote about the Sebenza several years ago (probally on thefiringline.com) about using the Sebenza on a 55 gallon drum and also on PVC pipe. This is what really got me looking into the knife.

Do you own the Large or the Small model. I have pretty big hands and think I would be more comfortable with the larger model.

Any idea of the wait time on getting on these days?

Thanks for everyone's replies btw...

hso
March 21, 2009, 11:03 PM
I carry the small, but I've had the large. My hands are smallish and I found the large uncomfortable. If you have large hands you'll probably be happier with the larger knife.

You can occasionally get knives right away from CR (at a show), but the dealers have them for the purchasing right now. Otherwise, you can wait a 6 months for an undecorated one and a year for others (more if you want something specifically exotic).

Highpower1
March 23, 2009, 09:19 PM
I bought me a sebenza yesterday! I can't wait until it arrives. I bought the Large Model Sebenza that was made in 2007. From the pictures she looks to be in great shape (sometimes ebay does produce good things). This was on a second chance buy as the original buyer had backed out. I got the Sebenza for 275.00!!! I'm happy.

hso
March 24, 2009, 12:01 AM
I got the Sebenza for 275.00!!! I'm happy.

I should hope so! Nice deal!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sebenza" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!