Sig P226 "Problem(s)"

PDA

nolan7120
March 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
I just bought a new Sig P226 SA/DA 9mm. I also have Sig P220 SA/DA. Anyway with the P226 I think the trigger bar rubs a little bit on the slide, almost snags it a little towards the end of the trigger pull. I can see a little wear on the top of the trigger bar where the friction would be, and a little on the slide to, i think. My P220 does not have this "snag" in the trigger pull. Like I said, its right at the end of the SA pull. Although I'm sure the P226 will function fine when I shoot it, feeling the snag in the trigger pull is annoying. An $850 gun should not have this problem out of the box. I'm gonna call Sig on Monday and probably send it back. Anyone else have this problem?

I also bought a Hogue grip (#26010) for my P226 (already have one on the P220, fits great!) and besides it being an extremely fat grip, the decocker rubs on the grip when I depress it. I don't like that. That doesn't happen on my P220 and they are they same style grip, not the ones with the finger grooves. I compared the P220 grips to the P226 Hogue grips, and the 220 ones are much thinner. I'm gonna send the grip back to Hogue for another, i think... Anyone else have this problem?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P226 "Problem(s)"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P226 "Problem(s)"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!