New Winchester brass

PDA

Archie
October 8, 2003, 03:26 PM
I have a pile of the "new" Winchester brass with larger flash holes. Does anyone have any information or inklings of problems with reloading these things?
I know that cases with flash holes drilled out for wax or rubber bullet use should not be used for regular pressure loads. Is there a similar problem with this larger flash hole brass?

I can't find any information on the web to shed any light.

If no one has any info, I'll segregate it out by size, try about 10 light loaded rounds to start and write if I get work.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Winchester brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vic303
October 8, 2003, 04:19 PM
I've been wanting to buy some new Win 45 brass just to get a new supply with the big flash holes. I think they give a better burn than the smaller ones.

Jim Watson
October 8, 2003, 04:20 PM
Winchester says it makes no difference in routine reloading.
I just drop them in my mixed brass box and load them with the rest. I would, of course, sort them out if I shot 50 yard slowfire, but there is no significant difference for IDPA or IPSC.

A. Partisan
October 9, 2003, 06:59 PM
I use WinClean Brass. I can't tell the difference(if there is any) between it and brass with a smaller flash hole.

Archie
October 9, 2003, 11:42 PM
Hey y'all, watch this!

(As he backed a primer all the way into the firing pin hole......)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Winchester brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!