Savage Mark II Question

PDA

Kerouac32
March 22, 2009, 09:19 PM
hello all,

about a month ago i purchased a savage mark II .22 bolt action and since then have put about 300 rounds through it. through the first 250 rounds, i had no type of misfeeds or jams and each rim-strike was dead center. before i went to the range on saturday i decided to give it a quick cleaning. that afternoon i had one failure-to-eject and each rim-strike was on the edge of the rim. does anyone have any suggestions to what may be wrong or to how i may fix the problem?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark II Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikeJackmin
March 22, 2009, 10:18 PM
Did you have the bolt or the magazine apart?

mwsfarm
March 22, 2009, 10:58 PM
mine was doing the same thing- i just ordered new extractor, extractor clip, ejector, and firing pin from savage. My daughter has a single shot savage cub with EXACTLY the same bolt assembly, switched them out and everything works fine. thought I'd try the new parts before I mail it in, Cost $12 for the parts (including shipping)

Kerouac32
March 23, 2009, 09:23 AM
mike,

i did not take apart the bolt assembly or the magazine

MikeJackmin
March 23, 2009, 09:43 PM
Well, just a guess, the first suspect would be the extractor. MWSFARM's advice sounds good. Second guess would be some hard-to-see crud that might have found its way into the recessed area of the breech face where the rims would sit. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark II Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!