Can A Handgun Scope Be Used On a Rifle?

PDA

Gebe
March 23, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'm getting a Henry lever action carbine .22 with the 16" barrel in 10 days. I have an older Burris long eye relief 3X fixed power scope and want to use it on the carbine. What's your thoughts? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can A Handgun Scope Be Used On a Rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
March 23, 2009, 03:32 PM
The eye relief will be wrong and when you look thru the scope you'll just see a little white dot inside a big black circle. Put the scope 2" from your eye and see what I mean.

jonnyc
March 23, 2009, 03:32 PM
I think it is fairly common to use a long eye-relief pistol scope for scout rifle/carbine applications.

woof
March 23, 2009, 03:46 PM
You can use it on a rifle but it has to be mounted forward as it would be if you were holding the pistol at arm's length. As said, that's the scout rifle configuration and hardly worth the mounting issues for a Henry .22

If you enjoyed reading about "Can A Handgun Scope Be Used On a Rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!