Night Sights on a Colt Gold Cup .45

PDA

xmanpike
March 24, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hi guys. I own a SS Colt Gold Cup Trophy .45. I love the gun and the adustable Bomar sights, but with it had night sights on it. This is the first pistol I have ever owned, and do not know what road I should take in regards to getting them put on. I guess my question is, can I have them drilled into my existing sights? Do I need to order them new? And it loks like Trijicon and Mepro seem to be pretty popular, any thoughts on either of those?
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Sights on a Colt Gold Cup .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xmanpike
March 24, 2009, 12:37 PM
man a lot of people post on here. I am already on the 2nd page afer 17 minutes!

rellascout
March 24, 2009, 12:37 PM
Novaks.....

xmanpike
March 25, 2009, 01:41 PM
are any of these night sights adjustable?

Ghost Tracker
March 25, 2009, 01:55 PM
The standard Bo-mar sight-cut is different (deeper, multi-leveled) than the standard fixed Novak cut. There IS recently an outfit (I'll try to find them) offering a fixed (combat) rear night-sight made to fit the Bo-mar cut. MMC makes adjustable night-sights as does Capsian & Wilson (I think) but I'm not sure which slide cut they require. I don't know of anyone retro-fitting Bo-mar adjustables with tritium inserts.

Dodgeit
March 25, 2009, 04:29 PM
With a Gold Cup your pretty much screwed. The rear sight cut is special to the Gold Cup. To my knowledge nobody makes a rear Nightsite for this pistol.

And the rear leaf is too thin to install vials in.

Ghost Tracker
March 25, 2009, 11:43 PM
Does a genuine "Bo-mar" branded rear sight come from the factory on a Colt Gold Cup Trophy? Because if it does, I think it'll be a standard Bo-mar sight cut, not "special" to the CGC. And if it doesn't...then maybe the gun was modified to a Bo-mar cut before the OP bought it? Or did Bo-mar make a special sight-base especially for GCGs to be installed at the Colt factory? I ask because I DO NOT know. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Sights on a Colt Gold Cup .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!