Price Check on Swede Mausers

PDA

mordechaianiliewicz
March 24, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'm wondering how much a Swede Mauser costs (approx.) these days. I know that there's no more coming in surplus, and that that dried up a while ago. What's a good price?

Also, am I going to get more luck @ a gunshow trying to find one?

I had an M38 (that I have since sold. Kicking myself for that one) that had been sporterized. Had a flash hider, and had been drilled and tapped with an aftermarket stock. I bought it for $169 back in 2005..... Probably never get that sort of price again for this sort of thing, but I was wondering.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check on Swede Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aka108
March 24, 2009, 02:14 PM
Take a look on Gunbroker.com. That will give you some idea. I bought my Swedes when 90 bucks was considered OK for pristine matching rifle.

MAKster
March 24, 2009, 02:44 PM
I bought one for $350 about a year ago.

StephenT
March 24, 2009, 03:03 PM
I picked up a nice one along with 120 rounds for $360 at a gun show recently (maybe two months ago). Several vendors were selling them for $400 or more.

jkingrph
March 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
I paid $69 for my first back in '91. Last monnth paid $425 for a nice clean one at a gun show.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check on Swede Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!