Dpms repr

PDA

Blondie
March 24, 2009, 08:32 PM
My NRA magazine this month covered Shot Show 2009 and reports that DPMS will offer to the public the REPR, which is a civilian version of a precision .308 rifle that DPMS submitted to the military to replace the M24 (I think it ended up losing to the Knight M110 SASS).

Does anyone know anything more about this rifle? What about when it will be released??? I think I would like one of them REPRs...

Blonde

(Ha, this thing says I'm a new member, but then says I have been on here since March 2006. When does one become a "senior member"?)

If you enjoyed reading about "Dpms repr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
f8talh8red
March 24, 2009, 08:34 PM
i wouldnt mind checkin them out. might get a .308 for next firearm. ive only been a member since the begining of march and it already changed from new member to just member.

helz_mcfugly
March 24, 2009, 09:59 PM
100 posts and you're a senior citizen Blondie

jpwilly
March 25, 2009, 12:59 AM
I recently saw a picture of one in some DPMS literature I recieved. Wow, nice looking rifle!

Rat Robb
April 19, 2009, 07:52 PM
Definately want one of these, but not finding much about them, hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction.

-Robb

pollock28
May 4, 2009, 11:54 AM
Anybody have any more info about this rifle yet?

Rat Robb
July 8, 2009, 04:45 PM
Info?

I look every now and then and still cant find much if anything

-Robb

Bones11b
July 8, 2009, 05:07 PM
Found this short blurb over at Shooting Times.

DPMS
The new REPR from DPMS is a 7.62x51 precision rifle. The REPR's lower is machined from a solid forging of 6061-T6 aluminum. Magpul's adjustable PRS buttstock and Hogue's pistol grip are standard. The thick-walled upper is extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum. It has an integral, A3-height Picatinny scope-mounting rail with 30 minutes of angle built in to allow the operator to dial in elevation corrections out to 1,000 yards and beyond. An 18-inch, button-rifled barrel; Gem-Tech flash suppressor/suppressor adaptor; free-floated handguard with four accessory rails; and coyote brown-colored Teflon finish are standard. MSRP was not available at press time.

Mags
July 8, 2009, 05:14 PM
I thought LWRC had a model called the REPR did they take it on together?

Bones11b
July 8, 2009, 05:55 PM
According to the articles I ran across while searching for the DPMS REPR, LWRC has a rifle with the same name. The acronym stands for Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dpms repr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!