I'm breaking up with .223 *sniff*

PDA

Rack Grade
March 25, 2009, 06:00 PM
I just need to talk:

I've been dating a woman named .223. But she's become increasingly difficult to please and high maintenance. Her appetites have become expensive. Dinners out used to cost $129/1000. Now they're $400/1000. I just don't know how to please her anymore.

I'm.....going to break up with her for my new love 5.45x39 (*sniff*). There, I've said it.

Well, 5.45's not as elegant as my last girlfriend, who clothed herself with fancy brass and came from the right side of the tracks (Lake City). But she wears a more utilitarian steely outfit and it works for her. And yes....she's a native of another country, but isn't this, in a sense, what America is all about?

Anyway its what's inside that counts, and she's just as beautiful on the inside - delivering 52 grains of unconditional berdan primed love everytime we are together, and who's to say it matters if you have to wash a bit more after such sweet passion?

Well, this is a big step for me. .223 hasn't changed, I still like her. But I LOVE my money, and .223 you're just gonna have to find a new sugar-daddy.

Am I doing the right thing?

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm breaking up with .223 *sniff*" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ds92
March 25, 2009, 06:03 PM
lol, poetic. :D
i think so. I would do that if i had a .223 right now

Geno
March 25, 2009, 06:05 PM
She's got a distant cousin named .22LR, and she's a gem! Sure, she's a bit "older", but them older ladies...ya know!

Geno

bearmgc
Yes, and find a new love in 30-06 or 308. Better measurements and more versatile. Sometimes high maintenance is way worth it.

Spyvie
I think there is a good chance 5.45x39 won't be such a cheap date for long. She may soon expect you to feed her at expensive domestic restaurants, because the cheap ethnic restaurants may go out of business.

DRYHUMOR
March 25, 2009, 06:11 PM
Well...

There is durable old broad I know, 30-30.

She can do just about anything I set her to. Pleasing to the eye, a little rough around the edges. ( I like em like that) Cheap to feed too. Doesn't need glasses either.

She's got sister...

I could put in a good word for ya. :D

SwampWolf
March 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

No, you're not. It's called an affair; it's a temporary affliction and you'll come back, licking your wounds and begging your first love for forgiveness-and your unfaithfulness will not be rewarded by the killing of a fatted calf. There's a big difference between a prodigal son and an adulterer. Shame on you! :evil:

MountainBear
March 25, 2009, 06:18 PM
I don't think there's such a thing as a cheap date, but your .223 fling has more of a future than your new "love." Its at least possible to find food for your .223, I'm not sure you'll be able to feed your new girlfriend for long (importation bans and the like). You may have to take her back to Russia.

.22LR is the only woman I can afford these days.

mordechaianiliewicz
March 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
You could do like me and get a threeway with .223 and .308.

Between the fact that there's cheap Russian food to feed both of them, and I'm getting an oven to cook up my own, I get double the pleasure.

I have to admit, neither of them know about my thing with .22LR. But she's a cheap date, and you can go for hours with her.

Lucky
March 25, 2009, 06:36 PM
Maybe it's the bourbon talking but this needs a sticky. Proud owner of a 7.62x39 AR15

geolemer
March 25, 2009, 07:08 PM
Are we still talking about guns?

wcwhitey
March 25, 2009, 07:29 PM
Freud would have a field day. Good Post! Don't forget the 5.45 is younger by about 20 years, this matters. When it gets to be about 40 it will get more expensive and less frequent, LOL. Bill

squirrel sniper
March 25, 2009, 07:32 PM
like others have said, that old lady named .22lr is nice, easy on the eyes, ears, and shoulder, and with with the cost of dates with her, its almost like you're going dutch, but you could also go american, romanian, czech, russian, as long as she gets fed, she'll dress however you like.

High Planes Drifter
March 25, 2009, 07:32 PM
Dear Confused :

Why dont you 2 try cooking at home, instead of eating out all the time? Here's some nice kitchen ware you can order offline:

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/cleeloader.html

Or , my personal favorite:

http://www.rcbs.com/

Oh, here's a couple of nice markets that you can buy all her favorite foods from :

http://www.midwayusa.com/

http://wideners.com/index.cfm

Need recipes, and helpfull cooking tips? Dont hesitate to ask. Thats what we're here for.

And you know what? Her eating home cooked meals will slim her down (groups).

Listen, we all know that eating out all the time can put a real strain on the wallet, and thats something you certainly dont need in todays economy. Money worries can put a strain on a relationship. That being said, with a little bit of work, you two can save this relationship.

Start with the following : Start eating at home. Start cooking large meals.

PS : Dont fall for the charms of that cheap Russian fluzzie. She can be downright corrosive.

redneck2
March 25, 2009, 07:34 PM
or, you could just get it at home (reload). Price is the same no matter the packaging.

bullets is bullets, primers is primers, powder is powder.

fireman 9731
March 25, 2009, 07:45 PM
This thread is great :D

ramis
March 25, 2009, 08:19 PM
PS : Dont fall for the charms of that cheap Russian fluzzie. She can be downright corrosive.

High Planes Drifter for the win! :D

MCgunner
March 25, 2009, 08:28 PM
Worthless ho, anyway.

mossberg
March 25, 2009, 08:53 PM
.30-06, a gymnast, .270, a track star, 12 gauge, a tomboy.

Keep 'em comin'.

Floppy_D
March 25, 2009, 08:54 PM
Put that hog on a diet and start reloading. :evil:

Flash!
March 25, 2009, 09:07 PM
cooking at home is costing me less than $150 per 1000 to feed my .223 girlfriends..... yes.... I have three .223 girlfriends and they all know about each other.....

rbernie
March 25, 2009, 09:36 PM
Anyway its what's inside that counts, and she's just as beautiful on the inside - delivering 52 grains of unconditional berdan primed love everytime we are together, and who's to say it matters if you have to wash a bit more after such sweet passion?Sadly, your new love is on a temporary work visa and it's likely that in the next year or so will be refused reentry into the US. Enjoy your torrid affair while you can, because this is a relationship that is not destined to last.

And, when your done chasing cheap dates, your old flame 223 will still be here. I'll keep her company for you while you're ignoring her. :evil:

xstuntman
March 25, 2009, 10:14 PM
Don't forget the wall flower 22 magnum. My rifle punches nice holes out to 150 yards. CCI 's run $10 for 50. X

magnumman44
March 25, 2009, 10:22 PM
This has been a pleasure to read!!!

Bill2e
March 25, 2009, 10:41 PM
cooking at home is costing me less than $150 per 1000 to feed my .223 girlfriends..... yes.... I have three .223 girlfriends and they all know about each other.....

really, I need to get me one of those nifty new ovens. So how much are 223's sisters .308 & 7.62x39 costing you to feed the home grown to????

tbtrout
March 25, 2009, 10:57 PM
Right now I do not know whether to reload or go wake up my wife.... :scrutiny:

What were you thinking, she likes guns too.

mr.trooper
March 25, 2009, 11:53 PM
You guys are weird... creepy weird.

Schuey2002
March 25, 2009, 11:57 PM
I have been seeing my old squeeze .22LR more and more lately...

Cheating on .223 never felt this good!

atvalaska
March 26, 2009, 01:32 AM
hi i'm bob......i left my .223 for a 22-250 i don't play with her often but if i cook for her she will do what ever i want:) ... to include her sister 22lr:D

benzy2
March 26, 2009, 01:40 AM
Want a fun cheap date? The old 30-06. This government restaurant (CMP) sells some Greek made quality dinners for $67/240. Maybe not the cheapest girl in town but boy does she know how to kick compared to those 5.xx rounds.

mordechaianiliewicz
March 26, 2009, 01:48 AM
.30-06 is a big girl, but big girls need love too.

tobyking8773
March 26, 2009, 05:50 AM
...to be having intra-caliber affairs these days. Almost makes me feel a little guilty for owning 3 M1As and only being able to shoot one at a time :scrutiny: And then I feel even worse when i open the storage compartment and reach for the 10/22 cuz I can't afford to take these beauts out everytime I wanna diddle a trigger. I take solace in the fact that the 3 of them stand side by side and LOOK 'ABSOIL-UTELY MAH-VELOUS' :D Yeah, big girls enjoy love too! Just takes a little more muscle to make a great session out of.... ;)

Mr. Bojangles
March 26, 2009, 06:36 AM
She may be an old sea hag, but I can't bear the thought of leaving my old lady 12 gague. Besides, I like it rough...

SudSlinger
March 26, 2009, 06:36 AM
hysterically funny thread.

MaterDei
March 26, 2009, 07:17 AM
I, for one, am glad that your dumping her. I've been dating your girl on the side off and on for a long time and have been wanting to see her again but just could never find her.

I looked high and low and she was not to be found. I even went to the local brothel where I used to be able to reliably find her when I couldn't find her anywhere else. Though I was embarrassed to be seen there I did appreciate the fact that when I did find her there that she was one of the cheaper girls.

Nowadays I can't even find her there very often and when I do you wouldn't believe what Ms. Kitty is asking for her services these days.

I guess she has been hanging out at your place a lot. I'm glad you're giving up on here, maybe that will give her more time with me.

LTR shooter
March 26, 2009, 07:59 AM
I've been dating a woman named .223. Her appetites have become expensive. Dinners out used to cost $129/1000. Now they're $400/1000.

Start cooking for her at home on the reloading bench. That is how I keep my woman named .223 fed! As the others mentioned the little sister named 22lr is what I have been shooting the most of these days!

You guys are weird... creepy weird.

:D

Geno
March 26, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hmmm. Nobody mentioned .22LR's little cousin-moved-in-next-door. No shock there. Bunch o' haters. I hear 17 Mach 2 is a bit faster, goes a bit farther and has sleeker curves. I know, I know. The neighborhood said she'd never stay...she was a fad-come-to-tease and break-your-heart. She's not as-cheap-as like .22LR, but she can really mix it up at 2,000 for $149.00, she's worth a first date. Heck, you might even end up courting her.

mordechaianiliewicz
March 26, 2009, 01:04 PM
.17? She's a little too petite for my tastes. I need 'em to have a little meat on their bones.

Shoot, the .223 and 5.45x39mm are a little small for my tastes though I show the .223 a good time every now and again.

If the .30-06, and 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R are the "big girls", is 7.62x39mm "thick" but voluptuous?

Okay, I'm pretty sure I've gone too far.

MagnumDweeb
March 26, 2009, 01:12 PM
I've got my 8mm German girl robust and hard hitting, she doesn't quit, could wear through a few men when she's on a roll. There's my 7.62x54r Russian sleek but gritty sometimes when i find her in old crates but damend if she can't strip a 150 yards like it's nothing. And there's my 30-30 gal who loves here lever worked after I've oiled her up and feed her right, Winchester is her favorite meal and she can be quite the delight. And .223 how I never knew thee till a few months ago, so fast so soft I could have you all day long without taking a break. For .30-06 perhaps one day but too far is price for me to play. But my one true love is .308 Winchester, I've had her older sister .308 Nato but Winchester gives a man fire, a work against the shoulder while crouched fighting to keep the muzzle from climbing higher. Oh how I long to desire, to build you a .30 BMG from a kit for your many sisters to join you linked in surplus Israeli clips a thousand long homed in a .30 ammo case. To put on that tripod that invites stares and ah, soon my love, a year from now I'll have your new home, no more the CETMEs and FALs, spanish, south african, and australian no more but American steel all your own.

UnTainted
March 26, 2009, 02:37 PM
I see the .223 as the young girl who hasn't come into her curves, so to say; she's fast and light and you can pack a bunch of them in your van---i mean mag. oops!

Now, the .308, there's a beautiful woman!!! But her allure and time-tested skills cost a little extra, and some younger calibers have come by attempting to draw me from her, but she knows better than to get jealous because

she stole me from the intense spell of infatuation that .223 casted over me, and she knows that once a cheater, always a cheater, and all these dames know that my first love will never have cob-webs:

30-06. She's so pretty and was my first love, though I lost my "virginity" to .243 on my first hunt.

Unfortunately, there were some two twin sisters of .223 I didn't know about that were hid away from me until after the comedic surgeons could finish the boob, butt, and face jobs, . . . the 6.5g and 6.8spc call like sirens!

aquapong
March 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
I reload .223 for $160/k. Maybe you should look into it.

alemonkey
March 26, 2009, 02:53 PM
Heck, I think my .223 is cheap. I run around with 45-70 more than any other. Now that's a whole lot of Rosie.

poppy
March 26, 2009, 04:44 PM
My new love (22LR) has formed a bond with my old love (223) with the help of my old friend, Spike ('s Technical), who taught her how to go on a diet while eating all she wants. :)

CoRoMo
March 26, 2009, 04:48 PM
Look on the bright side...

No matter how much she eats, she never gets fat.:D

squirrel sniper
March 26, 2009, 05:28 PM
Also, if you go for a bigger woman, shes not quite as picky, so you can feed her more basic stuff (lead). That way, you get more and pay less. Aint the BBW's just great?

SharpsDressedMan
March 26, 2009, 05:31 PM
You can still buy a 5.45 gun and 10,000 rounds of ammo for HALF of what you'll spend for an AR and 10k/.223 from this day forward. That should keep most of us a lifetime if we practice sparingly, and die of old age......

March 26, 2009, 05:42 PM
But I LOVE my money, and .223 you're just gonna have to find a new sugar-daddy.

Of course you're doing the right thing.

More .223 for the rest of us.:evil:

browningguy
March 26, 2009, 06:48 PM
What do you do when the new love gets more expensive?

I'll keep the .223's I have, but I also have .22's to shoot.

dscottw88
March 26, 2009, 06:50 PM
Beautiful post. lol, and i'm not sure if your doing the rite thing. 5.45 wont be cheap for long. But enjoy it while you can.

Hostile Amish
March 26, 2009, 07:14 PM
You need to meet the big brother 7.62 x 39.

Geno
March 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hostile:

That just sounded so wrong. :neener:

Geno

Duke of Doubt
March 26, 2009, 08:34 PM
Have I got some girls to introduce you to.

There's the Canadian .303 who likes to peep, the Japanese tumbler, the necked Swede, and the blonde Austrian rimmer to name just a few. And the little Romanian contortionist who's taken to wearing this swinging black plastic getup on her butt -- too much.

Rack Grade
March 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
"...blonde Austrian rimmer..."???????

I do NOT go that way.

mordechaianiliewicz
March 27, 2009, 01:03 AM
Duke, did you just use the word "rimmer" to... you know, my mind is too dirty, and I can make a reference out of anything. I don't even know what to say about the Romanian contortionist....

reddog1083
March 27, 2009, 02:00 AM
Well at least you got a date! I can't find one anywhere (even walmart).

Rifleman 173
March 27, 2009, 02:06 AM
Who would have thought it possible???

A kinky thread involving guns and ammo. I have lived to see it all. Now I'm going to go take a cold, cold shower...

C-grunt
March 27, 2009, 03:50 AM
You guys are perverts........

my kind of people.

mstirton
March 27, 2009, 04:27 AM
Luckily I hooked up with all of them in the salad years so they all bought the bulk of their food back then. 5.45x39 was always a little too risque for me though - figured she was the type to come and go. On the other hand, her slightly fatter sister will be with me for a long time. Her tall ugly mother doesn't eat very quickly and slaps me around too much for me to want many dates anyway.
8mm is sweet but I don't take her out much cuz she makes a mess and gets really ugly if I don't take her home right away and clean up.
5.56 got her stomach stapled by Spikes Tactical. 308 is so hot I got jealous and locked her in the closet for safe keeping. Meanwhile, her older sisters from the CMP are almost as nice and like Greek.

OK it's late and this could go on and on so good night.

Yosemite Sam
March 27, 2009, 04:54 AM
I might go back to my high school sweetheart .177. Sure, she's nothing but hot air, but at least I don't have to wash the lead out of my mouth out after we kiss. Or that nasty discharge and residue when I touch the right spots. And hell, even though .177's cheap, at least she doesn't leave her casings behind all over the floor when we're done.

steak-knife
March 27, 2009, 07:05 AM
magnumdweeb

I've got my 8mm German girl robust and hard hitting, she doesn't quit, could wear through a few men when she's on a roll.

Just remember, loving a gal that doesn't love you back, hurts so much, just like dating a German chick.:evil:

I'll stick with the girls next door, the .223, and my first, the .22LR.

Guero4179
March 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
You guys must be pervs because I have no idea what a rimmer is.

Anyway I am breaking up with 223 also, just got my Savage 308 and am no longer interested in a ground squirrel round. it is well known in the ammo industry that 223 is not even a varmint round for serious varmint work.

Polar Express
March 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
Im just starting to see 5.56's little sister and her name is .22Lr; and thanks to CMMG, she can wear her big sister's clothes. Our luvin' sessions last much longer, are more often, and it's fun to practice with her, so when I do see her older sister again, my 'technique' is that much better. :D

Now, those sisters have a sexy cousin named .308, and she's a real beauty. She's the one I take to those very speical occasions where making a strong impression really matters. Sure, it costs a bit more money to bring her along, but it's a nice treat to spend time with her, and the 'impression' she leaves behind wherever she goes is unforgettable.

When you're a free man, associating with different 'ladies' is certainly acceptable, even encouraged. For if we stop knowing these ladies of liberty, we shall certainly become enslaved.

Duke of Doubt
March 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
Guero4179: "You guys must be pervs because I have no idea what a rimmer is."

Steyr 8x56R. She's a real Mannlicher.

krs
March 27, 2009, 12:02 PM
"Heck, I think my .223 is cheap. I run around with 45-70 more than any other. Now that's a whole lot of Rosie"

Ohhhh, boy, you take that back!!

.45-70 is big, sure, but slender and smooth talkin' like a 40 year old woman from the Georgia back country, one of the most beautiful things I've encountered in life.

While Rosie is just a run of the mill fat obnoxious loudmouth - find them waddling and yelling on any city downtown street - the kind of woman to make a man run back into the Georgia woods and never come out - reminds me more of a dud grenade than a rifle round.

blkbrd666
March 27, 2009, 02:47 PM
I took nude pics of all of mine the other day...it was almost as fun as taking them out to play. Some of them even posed together...those were the really hot moments.

maskedman504
March 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
Now that's a whole lot of Rosie

"Whole Lotta Rosie" is a song by Australian hard rock band AC/DC.

The song is about an obese woman, Rosie, with whom the singer has had sexual relations. In addition to pointing out the woman's obesity, the singer finds her to be one of the most talented lovers he's ever experienced.

...one of the most talented lovers he's ever experienced.

Acera
March 27, 2009, 03:13 PM
Remember with most, if not all the 5.45x39 stuff it's Berdan primed. Good luck finding any primers.

Buy right once, and reload for way cheaper. It looks like you could buy 1 case of the 5.56, reload it twice and be better off than if you bought 3 cases of the Russian.

SSN Vet
March 27, 2009, 04:27 PM
buy La Machine and cook her all the different yummy flavors you both long for.....

easilly done for $100/M....

and all the time you spend in the kitchen together will deepen your relationship....

But I LOVE my money

careful.... such is the root of all evil and true love will evade you for ever more.

Ky Larry
March 27, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm going out to the shed and fondle my Rockchucker.:neener:

SwampWolf
March 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Look on the bright side...

No matter how much she eats, she never gets fat.

Maybe not. But she gets awfully dirty. Bad, bad dirty girl.

jlg
March 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
I can't believe I've ignored this thread until now. It hung around long enough that I thought I'd read it...now my side hurts.

alemonkey
March 27, 2009, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia.com
"Whole Lotta Rosie" is a song by Australian hard rock band AC/DC.

The song is about an obese woman, Rosie, with whom the singer has had sexual relations. In addition to pointing out the woman's obesity, the singer finds her to be one of the most talented lovers he's ever experienced.

Yep, that's my Sharps. She's loud, she smokes a lot, and she's dirty. But I love her.

Rack Grade
March 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
I vote best reply to this thread is from :"Duke of Doubt" above, with the following:

"Steyr 8x56R. She's a real Mannlicher."

PS: Liquor? I don't even KNOW her!

brin747
March 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
Wow, I may never look at my guns the same again...or my wife!

indoorsoccerfrea
March 27, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hey, my .223 is a real hot momma. :D I'll feed her whatever she wants as long as she stays hot. She's so hot after I get her going that sometimes she causes accidental discharges...:uhoh:

tbtrout
March 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
Maybe it is just the sadist in me, but I like being punished by Miss 45/70. Whether it is a hard or soft load, she takes care of business.

Ohio Gun Guy
March 27, 2009, 11:07 PM
I hear .22 gets around. Everyone I know has "been" there!;)

Ignition Override
March 28, 2009, 12:04 AM
And when most of my Wolf .223 (2500 rds.) gets used up one day, might then sell my old Mini 14 and buy an L-E Jungle C. imitation or a Russian SKS. No kidding here. .223 prices are ludicrous.

.22 is the best, and as the starving hordes from the steppe pillage Walmart, trying to save only five dollars for a brick,
out of self-induced desperation :uhoh: , the rest of us find lots at Gander and Bass Pro. Let's not tell them where we shop, Not needing to wait a long time for service.

Rack Grade
March 28, 2009, 08:28 AM
Ditto on the .22LR

deerhunter61
March 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
Boy you ARE TOUGH!

No, you're not. It's called an affair; it's a tempoary affliction and you'll come back, licking your wounds and begging your first love for forgiveness-and your unfaithfulness will not be rewarded by the killing of a fatted calf. There's a big difference between a prodigal son and an adulterer. Shame on you!

Rack Grade has said he was only dating his .223. Adultery is only when you are cheating on your wife...Rack Grade were you married to your .223?

Now I would warn against trying to keep two mistresses...they seem to find out about one another and then you will get in BIG trouble. So in order to assist you perhaps one of us could take your .223 off your hands. That way you would not have to worry about cheating on your new girl!:D

H2O MAN
March 28, 2009, 09:33 AM
I have walked away from .223 once again, possibly for the last time.
The low availability of high quality ammo and it's high cost pushed me away.

No worries though, I have a large stash of mil surplus 7.62 x 51mm for my M14s.

bessemerbob
March 28, 2009, 09:46 AM
Guys I am not sure what the deal with cost is? Im getting 20rnds for around $11-$15 and find it hard to find anything for around that price, unless its the 22lr
My friend is shooting hte 204ruger and his rounds are starting at 18-25 for a box of 20

jaholder1971
March 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
Let loose your inner freak and date both at the same time!:evil::evil::evil:

mordechaianiliewicz
March 31, 2009, 02:28 PM
Me and jaholder1971 are on the same page. I never go to the um... bed without atleast two. They never get jealous over having to share my time.

10-Ring
March 31, 2009, 04:09 PM
What happened to loyalty? This is more lust than anything else - take this floozy out for her spin but down forget the girl that taught you the dance!

Rack Grade
April 9, 2009, 05:05 PM
My loyalty is to that which pleases me the mostest, for the leastest.

Yellowfin
April 9, 2009, 05:17 PM
Stock the pantry while the food's plenty...after I get mine stocked first, of course.

Mr. T
April 10, 2009, 07:52 PM
The .223 may seem like an expensive date and may be higher maintenance, but she's worth it. She gives you things that the Soviet adultress could never do, like accuracy, ammo availability particularly for the possible SHTF scenario, ammo variety, modularity, etc.

stevekl
April 10, 2009, 10:37 PM
Reload! My gosh I can't believe people stop shooting a caliber just because the price goes up!

Reloading is EASY (although reloaders make it look difficult) amd if you stick to Lee products, it's very cheap.

Yo2slick
April 11, 2009, 12:04 AM
Reload! My gosh I can't believe people stop shooting a caliber just because the price goes up!

Reloading is EASY (although reloaders make it look difficult) amd if you stick to Lee products, it's very cheap.

Reloading for 223 would be great if you could find the primers at a reasonable price!

I think you and the Mrs are going through a rough time right now. Time heals all wounds and before you know it you and your .223 will be one again...well, you know what I mean.

RevolvingCylinder
April 11, 2009, 02:17 AM
Reloading for 223 would be great if you could find the primers at a reasonable price!

I think you and the Mrs are going through a rough time right now. Time heals all wounds and before you know it you and your .223 will be one again...well, you know what I mean.
Primers aren't any more expensive for me than they were 2 years ago. I prefer Winchester Small Rifle.

And no, she's with me now and she's nowhere near as needy with me. That's because I know how to treat a girl, er I mean cartridge.:o

RevolvingCylinder
April 11, 2009, 02:18 AM
I hear .22 gets around. Everyone I know has "been" there!
She's cheap and easy which is what I like about her.

coylh
April 11, 2009, 06:55 AM
What's the point of spending a half hour resizing your magnum when you still have to lube and prim'er? Personally I've switched to German caseless (no shoulder to cry on), and just deal with the fouling on my bore-snake. I know many of you would rather be banging away with an American model, but I've had bad experiences with accidental discharge.

Dark Skies
April 11, 2009, 06:59 AM
The sad thing is 5.56 surplus is really cheap over here - but my AR15 (bolt action) is chambered for .223 Remington. A lot of 'pub experts' will tell you they're interchangeable till they're blue in the face but ... right. Getting .223 Remington cases is very tight here at the moment - and I'm not paying 46 for fifty cases.

30 cal slob
April 11, 2009, 07:51 AM
i feel dirty after a few hours in the sack with 5.54 x 39.

the itch starts when i start feeling her salty deposits :eek: , and i feel a strange urge to take a hot soap and water shower immediately afterwards.

i never had to do this with ms. 5.56. :scrutiny:

this is a definite buzzkill, interrupts the afterglow. cigarette doesn't really help.

ms. 5.54 x 39 is cheap, but i wonder if she is too easy.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm breaking up with .223 *sniff*" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!