Remington Five .22

PDA

woof
March 26, 2009, 11:43 AM
I hear about these at under 200 but the best price I've seen is well over that. The only one under 200 is the youth model which I find attractive because of the 16.5in barrel. Except for the stock, is the youth the same otherwise? Sights for example?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Five .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
March 26, 2009, 11:46 AM
should be exactly the same.

rangerruck
March 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
and if you find one for even around 200, be sure to let us all know...

doubs43
March 26, 2009, 04:19 PM
The last one I saw about a month ago was in Macon, GA priced at $199. It had the laminated stock and was brand new. The shop was the "Firearms Traders Warehouse LLC" on Pianono Ave.

The area of the country you're in will make a difference in the prices you see.

skoro
March 26, 2009, 10:09 PM
I bought a full-size laminated stock version last August for $189. It's a lot of gun for that price, too.

woof
March 26, 2009, 10:28 PM
As we know gun prices have gone up a lot the past few months. I don't think one can be had for $250 today.

retsub
March 27, 2009, 02:25 AM
A shop in central pa will have them for $190 this weekend. I want to buy one for my youngest. He's only four but I want to start his collection now.

bhk
March 27, 2009, 10:46 AM
These rifles are one of the best deals going. Decent wood, great sights, adjustable trigger, and all steel (no aluminum or plastic). I have had some nice .22s in past years (Cooper, Kimber, Sako, etc.). The Remington 5 is not the equal, it comes mightly close and sure beats any other alternative in the price range by a HUGE margin.

I bought one for my adult son a few months ago and almost kept it for myself. I might be wrong, but I think Remington is not going to sell them any more. Time to get one NOW.

Bearhands
March 27, 2009, 10:55 AM
Keep your eyes open for a Charles Daly Superior II .. it's the same gun with a solid walnut stock (usually in need of a refinishing).... I've had mine (CD) for 3 yrs now and it's been nothing but accurate and dependable. There are lots of threads on it @ www.rimfirecentral.com .. Search Charles Daly, or Remington 5.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/bearhands_photos/Zpics-001PS.gif

blkbird513
March 27, 2009, 10:10 PM
Woof:
Run up to Clearfield, PA this weekend...www.gricegunshop.com for the weekend sale flyer.

JOHNC

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Five .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!