Buds gun shop's famous ''out of stock''

PDA

ge0624me
March 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
Question? Has anybody ever gone on Buds Gun Shop online and actually seen an ''INSTOCK'' gun,? I've been trying for years to go on the website,pre OBAMA and post, for any handgun that i am interested in at the time, and i swear, i have never found anything in stock. The funny thing is when i google a certain model of gun, Buds is the first result to come back with the gun for sale, but it does'nt matter what it is, the old famous word's ''OUT OF STOCK''. I was wandering is there a certain time of the day, or a secret code to actually purchase a gun from them, or am i just that unlucky?

If you enjoyed reading about "Buds gun shop's famous ''out of stock''" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SeanMTX
March 26, 2009, 03:56 PM
I've been looking for a DW CBOB from them for months now and haven't seen hide nor hair of them.

phoglund
March 26, 2009, 03:57 PM
Absolutely. I've ordered several guns from Bud's and been quite satisfied with their service. Firearms shortages are the way things are right now. Keep trying. :)

DocBoCook
March 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
no different than gallery of guns, (a link that many manufacturers use like springfield). My theory is if it's online, and not on Gunbroker, it's out of stock if it's worth having

CoRoMo
March 26, 2009, 04:30 PM
Has anybody ever gone on Buds Gun Shop online and actually seen an ''INSTOCK'' gun,? I've been trying for years to go on the website,pre OBAMA and post, for any handgun that i am interested in at the time, and i swear, i have never found anything in stock.

Huh?? Here's a whole list of Springers that they have in stock. (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_24)
Here is a list of Glocks
(http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_43)Here is a list of Smiths (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_39_71)
And a list of Sigs (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_28)

What type of gun is it that you are then looking for?
Also, if you'll place it on your wishlist, they'll email you when it comes in. I'm sure that certain guns are on a long list of wishlists, but they emailed me a month or two ago when a pistol came in that was on my list.

Kind of Blued
March 26, 2009, 04:47 PM
Has anybody else noticed that when the price goes up on a gun, Bud's just makes a NEW WEBPAGE for it with the adjusted price?

Consequently, I'll search for a $900 1911 and find five or six old Bud's pages with it anywhere from $650-850. Of course, they're all "out of stock", and the pages are left to be cleaned up by the internet fairy.

Quite annoying.

CoRoMo
March 26, 2009, 04:53 PM
The VP of Bud's hasn't signed in since mid-December.
It'd be nice to have another discussion with them at some point.

waterhouse
March 26, 2009, 05:04 PM
They send a gun to me almost every single day, so some things are obviously in stock.

MaterDei
March 26, 2009, 05:25 PM
There are a lot of people in the business who are deserving of criticism but Buds is not one of them.

Good service
Great prices
Better selection than most

Guns and more
March 26, 2009, 08:03 PM
When I wanted an AR, I checked Bud's every day. They never had anything. I still check them for fun every week, and they still don't have anything.

P.S. I bought my AR through Gunbroker.

yosarian
March 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
My purchase from buds was a smooth,no problems.I'd buy from them again.

skoro
March 26, 2009, 08:18 PM
In the past year, I've purchased three handguns and two bolt action rifles from Bud's. Every transaction was smooth as silk. I'm sure they're encountering panic buying just like everyone else is right now.

Once the paranoids among us settle down and pause for breath, things will return to normal. :rolleyes:

ge0624me
March 26, 2009, 08:19 PM
There are a lot of people in the business who are deserving of criticism but Buds is not one of them.

Im sorry if i sound like i'm criticizing Buds,im not doing that in bad taste, im sure there Cust/serv is great,i'm just venting a little, it seems like the have outstanding prices on the guns that come up when i'm searching, i'm just to late, like always on the good deals.:banghead:

ScottyB
March 26, 2009, 08:24 PM
I must have gotten lucky with my timing when I bought a P99 from them. I haven't seen that same model in stock for quite some time (9mm, 15rd mag).

janedoedad
March 26, 2009, 10:07 PM
Nov 15, 2008: Taurus PT1911 ordered and delivered inside two weeks. Less $$ than local gun shop stock, including the local FFL transfer fee of $50.00.

PershingRiflesC-7
March 26, 2009, 10:19 PM
including the local FFL transfer fee of $50.00. :what:

Hope that included a kiss and some KY jelly...:evil:

newkahrman
March 26, 2009, 10:26 PM
I ordered a M&P compact in November at a great price, and got a Taurus 1911 for Christmas. I love budsgunshop, my FFL says I got both of pistols cheaper than he gets them wholesale. I do understand your frustration though, everyone seems to be out of everything. I just want some reasonably priced ammo now.

Shytheed Dumas
March 26, 2009, 10:51 PM
I saw an online price of $450 on an M&P9 a month or so ago. After seeing no better than $550 at a gun show in Lexington, KY on a Saturday afternoon recently, I drove out to Buds to see their shop for myself. They had plenty of the very nicely priced pistols for sale at the advertised price, and I walked out happy as can be.

As I see it, Buds offers prices rarely seen anywhere else, so why would it be surprising that they might run low on inventory, especially when gun sales have shot through the roof country-wide? From my perspective, given the current supply & demand in the firearms market, nobody really needs to be offering prices like that on anything to begin with.

chuckusaret
March 26, 2009, 11:07 PM
Nov 15, 2008: Taurus PT1911 ordered and delivered inside two weeks. Less $$ than local gun shop stock, including the local FFL transfer fee of $50.00.

Local gun shops are all rip offs. I caught one of my local gun shops buying ammo at Wal Mart. I buy from Bud's, Gun Broker or at gun shows.

41magsnub
March 26, 2009, 11:10 PM
Local gun shops are all rip offs. I caught one of my local gun shops buying ammo at Wal Mart. I buy from Bud's, Gun Broker or at gun shows.

That's a bit of a over generalization don't you think? :scrutiny:

earlthegoat2
March 27, 2009, 12:16 AM
How is this only the case with Buds??

Brian Dale
March 27, 2009, 04:32 AM
Has anybody ever gone on Buds Gun Shop online and actually seen an ''INSTOCK'' gun,?

Sure: a pistol that I've been drooling over has been in stock at a great price for weeks; it's my checking account that's the problem.

waterhouse
March 27, 2009, 11:21 AM
I caught one of my local gun shops buying ammo at Wal Mart.

I don't know why they wouldn't. Many Wal Mart prices are actually below distributor prices, so it is often cheaper to buy ammo there. The thing is, people get upset when they go to the gun store to buy ammo and there isn't any, so gun stores need to buy ammo somewhere. Might as well be at the big box store if their prices are good.

CoRoMo
March 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
I ordered a M&P compact in November at a great price, and got a Taurus 1911...
That's not too bad of a screw-up on their part.;)

Local gun shops are all rip offs.

Wrong. Many are, few aren't. My latest rifle was bought locally at a price that Bud's couldn't touch. It is the exception however because Bud's is where a all of the guns I bought last year came from.

What I'd like to know is at what rate are they receiving the ban-ready items like ARs, M1As, high-capacity pistols, or AK clones. I've have a ton of guns in my account's wishlist that have not been received into their inventory. You can't tell me that they haven't seen a single AR15 in the last five months because that's BS. My local stores get ARs in and they fly off the shelves, but they are getting their orders in on a relatively regular basis. The only thing I can figure is that they don't bother putting the incoming black-rifles up on the online store's website since the retail store will sell them just as fast. Who knows?

freakshow10mm
March 27, 2009, 11:57 AM
Buds is a high volume dealer. Look right now at how many people are on their site. I was just there and there were 542. Now if half those people place a gun order, that's about 275 guns off the shelf.

CoRoMo
March 27, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'd like to be the UPS guy that does the pickups from their place everyday.:D

freakshow10mm
March 27, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'd hate to be the poor bastard that has to log all that stuff in.

trailgator
March 27, 2009, 12:32 PM
I ordered 2 guns from Bud's (my first time ordering from them) earlier this year. This was during their inventory (computer issues), plus they were dealing with the severe ice storm that hit Lexington (no or limited UPS service). I still got my guns in 7 days from ordering to receiving. I emailed them a question before ordering, and Brad called me with the info I needed. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Landor
March 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
Lets face it, gun owners are buying buying and buying. All gun shops are low on inventory and ammo is almost impossible to get in large quantities. Buds has a huge customer base so they will continue to be out of stock on a lot of products and when they do get stock people buy it up right then and there. Until us gun owners get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the current administration things more then likely will not change. I do not see this happening for a while if at all.

Brian Dale
March 27, 2009, 12:46 PM
It still gives me a warm feeling. People are buying guns...lots and lots of guns. Some were already gun owners, and many others are people who have just taken their first steps on the path of responsible gun ownership.

Kentucky Jelly
March 27, 2009, 01:53 PM
I love bud's. Has anyone been to the retail store lately? I just drive down there to make my purchases. Wondering how the retail stock looks right now.

janedoedad
March 27, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hope that included a kiss and some KY jelly...

Yeah, I wasn't real happy about that. $25 is reasonable and mostly what I see listed elsewhere. Unfortunately, they are the only game in town.

mustang 22
March 27, 2009, 08:05 PM
I was the high bid on a rifle from this place on 03/10 an I am still waiting for it. I expect it will show up early next week. The guy does a lot of business, with good feedback. The jury is still out.:cool:

B J Elliott
March 27, 2009, 08:41 PM
Bought a few guns from Bud's with no problem, then I put one on layaway. The one I wanted was out of stock so I put myself on the wish list and received an e-mail saying it was in stock. Paid it right off in about 30 days, and all of the sudden they say last payment not received. Bull! I suspect they prematurely e-mailed me and said it was in stock when it was not, holding onto my check till it really comes in stock, which pisses me off. Hope it aint true though.

Brian Dale
March 28, 2009, 04:23 AM
Please let us know how it turns out, BJ.

GaSheepDog
March 28, 2009, 04:32 AM
Browsed the site last night and saw 2 Bersa's in stock. Clicked on one and got a message "item not found". Backed up and refreshed and voila....OUT OF STOCK. But.....jumped over to look at the S&W selections and found a 642 w/CT grip and grabbed it up. Wifey's b-day is coming up in about a week and a half...I hope she likes it. Then again, maybe she won't and I can have it. Win/win situation? :evil: mwuahahahaha

SCKimberFan
March 28, 2009, 08:46 AM
Local gun shops are all rip offs.

No they are not all rip-offs.

And if they are all rip-offs, maybe it's you.

As for Buds vs Gunbroker or the others - Bud's is a single point. Gunbroker is a lot of dealers, so yes, Gunbroker should have more guns available.

420Stainless
March 28, 2009, 08:57 AM
When I wanted a Mini 14 in 6.8SPC Bud's was the only place I found that had one. So my experience was exactly the contrary.

BBQLS1
March 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
IMO, the OP just wants the same guns everybody else is looking for. I don't think it has anything to do with Buds.

SSN Vet
March 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
prior to the election.... almost everything was in stock....

they sell out of everything now, as their prices are among the best that can be found.

krs
March 28, 2009, 08:38 PM
Bud's is great! I've bought more than a dozen pistols from them in the last year. I bought an M&P 9mm for $399. through their LE section, several of their used guns, and a bunch of new ones.

But if it ain't there it ain't there.

Their site has to be figured out, and yes, since the election they've had sporadic stock on practically everything. Right now about the only manufacturer who has made more than one shipment to Bud's was S&W and what came in was gone in a day or two. Is that Bud's fault? I've got a feeling they'd be happy to sell more if they could get them.

It's maybe easier to understand if you look at their site counter in the top right corner of their home page. It shows how many people are visiting the site at any given time. The fewest I've ever seen was 425 and that was at 3:00 in the morning pacific time.

They're popular so they draw crowds. No reason to whine about it.

lamebums
March 28, 2009, 09:09 PM
When I wanted an AR, I checked Bud's every day. They never had anything. I still check them for fun every week, and they still don't have anything.

Their website and what they actually have in stock, I've learned, are two different things. I always drive down there (60-something miles) to pick something up, since it's cheaper to drive than it is to have something shipped. They were pretty much cleaned out of AR's right after the election but have built back a decent stock since. I'd guesstimate they had two dozen AR's on the shelf. Their website would typically not have anything AR online.

Same with PMC ammo - although for a while it wasn't on the site, they've always had skids and skids of the stuff.

mrmom61
March 28, 2009, 09:35 PM
Just ordered a gun from Buds thats been out of stock for a couple of months. Hope it was worth the wait.

krs
March 29, 2009, 10:54 AM
They keep hot selling guns off the website if they know that they don't have enough to satisfy the demand. They've said exactly that in more than one of the emails they send out.

Bud's can't sell what they don't have although they've recently started a 'reserve' system for Kimber and Springfield guns. The way that works is that if you want one you commit to buy it and they will guarantee the price you ordered at whenever the gun does become available.

The manufacturers are being slow to build up their output, probably because they figure that the current rate of sales will slow back down and they'd be left with a bunch of unsold product.

Guns and more
March 29, 2009, 11:36 AM
Clicked on one and got a message "item not found". Backed up and refreshed and voila....OUT OF STOCK. But.....jumped over to look at the S&W selections and found a 642 w/CT grip and grabbed it up.
That's how Bud's works. You buy what they have. Since this thread has very different experiences with Bud's I attribute it to buying style.
#1. You do your research, make up your mind, go to Bud's, they don't have it, they never have it. (my case)
#2. You go to Bud's, see what they have, pick one and are a happy costumer.

OrangeJoe
March 29, 2009, 01:52 PM
MaterDei

Good service
Great prices
Better selection than most

From all I've hear over the years that is true. Now if they would ship to my corner of the US :banghead:

I think we are the only place in the US where they can ship (no freaky Cali style laws, no extra 'state law' paperwork) but they won't ship. :fire:

Well, there are only 4,000,000 US citizens here :uhoh:

gunfire876
April 9, 2009, 09:49 PM
My name is Marty, please pm me any problems any of you have with Buds. I can't help what states we ship to but if you ever feel like your getting screwed by Buds I would like to know and will do anything in my power to get your problems fixed. Rex is Budsgunshop.com's "VP" and he has been a little busy lately with the new store and sales in general.

We have 40,000 people on our site a day so we do sell a bit of stuff and are out of stock alot. Trust me we would much rather be selling this stuff than showing you we are out of stock, we just can't keep stuff in the store. And yes are UPS guy hates us.

FloridaSon
April 9, 2009, 09:57 PM
Bought my .40 Smith MP from Buds. They emailed me when it came in and shipped in a day. Great service.

98C5
April 9, 2009, 10:00 PM
Buds is an excellent webstore!!! They are gaining tremendous buyer volume which is why they run out of stock quickly. However, they WILL restock the items and get you your firearm asap!!

GaSheepDog
April 9, 2009, 10:44 PM
Picked up the new 642 from my ffl yesterday. Thanks Buds!

iafirebuff
April 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
I bought a few things from Buds online in the past year. Just last week I bought my first gun from them. WOW! It was BETTER than described, I got it in 3 days from order to pick up at my FFL and when I had a question about it I received an email response in LESS than 24 hours! I will definatley be buying more guns from Buds! My ffl charges $10 so now I have no excuse! :)

SGTEstum
May 17, 2009, 04:06 PM
Has anyone placed a 'reserve item' order with Buds? Do you know if they charge your credit card right away or do they wait until your order has shipped?

I'm thinking about reserving an M1A, but that's a lot of money to leave tied up for 90 days if they don't come in for a while.

armslist
May 17, 2009, 04:32 PM
Every gun I've ever looked at was "out of stock."

JohnBT
May 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
I just clicked on 3 logos in one line...

7 FN pistols in stock.

Looks like a couple dozen Colts in stock.

No Kimbers.

John

budsgunshop.com
September 6, 2009, 06:11 PM
Every gun I've ever looked at was "out of stock."

Seriously....that's impossible. We list all the in stock/"Buy Now" guns FIRST in every category...so you would have to scroll through all of those first before you would even get to the "out of stock" guns. The only reason we even list "out of stock " guns is so that people can use the "Wish List" option to be automatically notified via email, 24/7, when the gun(s) arrives in our warehouse.

It was definitely tough there for a while (11/08 - 4/09).....but our inventory has been building up again since about May. A combination of nothing in stock at the manufacturers or distributors to buy....along with our refusal to buy from anyone at ridiculously inflated prices....made for some thin pickin's there for a while !

Paul82
September 6, 2009, 08:16 PM
[/quote] Every gun I've ever looked at was "out of stock. [\quote]

I looked at a few guns only 2-3 where out of stock. The others where in stock.

how do you quote :( ? :o

wingnutsdad
September 6, 2009, 10:01 PM
BudsGunShop is fantastic. Lately they have more guns actually in stock than anyone else. The service is TOPS. They answer the phone (and in English), they respond to emails in a timely fashion, and they do what they say they will. This year I bought several guns from Buds because it was the ONLY place I could find what I was looking for by signing up on the "wish list" to be notified when they came in stock.

This is the first year I have done business with Buds and spent over four grand so far - I will continue doing business with Buds.

mustang_steve
September 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ammo prices are really on my nerves right now. $20 local price for a box of 9mm fmj (the cheap stuff) is insane.

SheepNutz
September 6, 2009, 11:45 PM
I will never buy a gun from Bud's website...because both of their retail locations are within an hour of my house! I just bought my first pistol from their Paris location and couldn't be happier!

Tully M. Pick
September 7, 2009, 11:48 AM
Don't forget this thread was started in the middle of the great gun buying panic earlier this year. Nobody had anything in stock. I've purchased several guns from Bud's and been happy with them all. The email notification feature is great, I've been alerted for tough to find guns and been able to purchase them minutes prior to them selling out again.

geojap
September 8, 2009, 12:00 AM
I bought 5 firearms from Bud's over the past 2 years. I waited a few weeks for a Ruger 10/22 and they notified me when it came in. They are busy as hell, but their service is great considering that they are slammed because they have the lowest prices in the country.

SSN Vet
September 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
the CBOB is a great deal...and a great gun..

it also get's talked up a lot on the gun boards...

go figure it's OOS almost everywhere you look.

Norinco982lover
September 8, 2009, 02:35 PM
I heartily recommend budsgunshop.

I very much like them and the way they run their business. A class act!

~Norinco

mig7410
September 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
I was at Buds location in Paris on Saturday. They do have several AR's in stock, and ammo.
The web site does not list all the guns at the store, although some of the guns on the web site won't be in the store. But the store generally has most of the popular items in stock.
I've bought five or six guns from there web site without a problem. The web price does include shipping but if you use a credit card they add I think 3%.
One time I did order a M1A, but choose the wrong model by mistake. I sent a email letting them know which one I wanted and it was handled without a hitch.
On high end guns you can save quite a bit over a local shop, but guns under 500 you might only save 20 or 30 bucks, so I try to buy those local.
On the M1A I bought it was around 1700, the local store was over 2000. But a Glock 17 was only 20 bucks less, not worth the tranfer fee.
Another reason I like using there web site is because the guns come from a warehouse not in the store. That means the guns haven't been handled by who knows how many people, no dry fire's, no finger prints.
Overall its my favorite gun store.

CoRoMo
September 8, 2009, 02:58 PM
I think a lot has changed in the 5 months since this thread was created.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buds gun shop's famous ''out of stock''" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!