BedBunker - Gunsafe.

PDA

Mp7
March 27, 2009, 08:12 AM
Just found this - and thought iŽd share.

http://www.bedgunsafe.com/bgs_r4_c1.jpg
http://www.bedgunsafe.com/

Cheers, Mp7

If you enjoyed reading about "BedBunker - Gunsafe." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Guns and more
March 27, 2009, 09:40 AM
Brings a whole new meaning to "Going to the mattresses."

maksim
March 27, 2009, 09:47 AM
only issue is... if this is your primary safe.... do you want to open that thing up every time you go shooting?

why not just get a small biometric safe, mount it into the ground beneath bed, or into the night cabinet, and have a big safe that is not as pain in the ass.

Animal Mother
March 27, 2009, 10:11 AM
I think its a neat idea, however, It does seem like the position of the doors would make it exceptionally easy for a burgler to get some great leverage with a prybar.

san408
March 27, 2009, 10:13 AM
2nd issue... wow, $$$.

Daniel1120
March 27, 2009, 10:35 AM
It uses a mul-t-lock instead of a combination or electronic lock. Good stuff imo.

waterhouse
March 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
I guess if I had some really valuable guns that I didn't shoot very often it would be worth looking at just for the concealed factor, but it would be a pain to move my mattress every time I wanted to go to the range.

MAKster
March 27, 2009, 12:37 PM
After you put a mattress on that thing, you'll need a ladder to get into bed.

Gamera
March 27, 2009, 01:24 PM
It may not be practical but it's REALLY COOL.

KarenTOC
March 27, 2009, 01:33 PM
Great idea if storage space is at a premium. All that space under the mattress is generally wasted. Maybe it would be better if there were two drawers on each side instead of a lift-up lid. Each drawer could have its own lock, and you could get to the contents simply by lifting the covers.

Hungry Seagull
March 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
It would need warm wife to balance the cold in winter wont it?

Tirod
March 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
If that was in your spare "bedroom", it could work.

I have problems with other features. Just my opinions -

Mul T Lock is still a brass cylinder easily drilled. Sure, the pinned keying is unique - but a smart perp knows he can't, he'll just drill it. Brass cylinders drill easy.

The heavy plate doors are a serious hazard when that gas strut fails. Anyone who's replaced a hatch strut knows that. They also know - the gas strut will fail.

The 1300 pound footprint may exceed the floor rating in some homes. Not good. Even grand pianos weight less, and architects have to figure that into home construction.

And how do you use it? Put the mattress on top and lean the headboard up? You want to bark your shins on this thing in a moment of haste with your partner?

I guess it goes to show people will buy anything.

Marcus5aurelius
March 27, 2009, 02:54 PM
I think this idea but with a slideout as a door rather than upward would be alot cooler and easier to deal with.

DFW1911
March 27, 2009, 03:05 PM
Now you can tell folks that you actually do sleep with a pistol under your pillow!

Seancass
March 27, 2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe it would be better if there were two drawers on each side instead of a lift-up lid. Each drawer could have its own lock, and you could get to the contents simply by lifting the covers.

I think that is a much much better idea than their safe.

hso
March 27, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not too excited by the exposed hinges.

If you enjoyed reading about "BedBunker - Gunsafe." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!