Tisas Zigana C45

PDA

StephenT
March 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi all,

I didn't know about these guns until a few days ago, and believe that they've become available in this country only recently. Tisas produces a variety of handguns in its factory in eastern Turkey. Their website is: www.trabzonsilah.com.

An FFL dealer in Shiner TX was advertising the 9mm and 45ACP versions on gunbroker. I took a road trip over there and handled the 9mm and 45, ending up walking away with the C45 for $399+tax. It comes with wood grips and two 10-round mags, and its barrel measures 4.7". The workmanship on these guns is excellent, with a nice and tight frame to slide fit and no machining marks inside. It reminds me of a CZ97 I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin at the range just yet, but will let you know....Here's a photo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tisas Zigana C45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SeanSw
March 27, 2009, 02:22 PM
It looks good. This brand has been, ahem, heavily recommended on our forum by a proprietor of their arms. A quick search should bring up their topics.

Do you know where to find aftermarket magazines or accessories? How is the double action? It reminds me of a SIG crossed with a Baby Eagle.

Mp7
March 27, 2009, 02:28 PM
looking good.

(Lots of turkish guest workers came to germany to work in coal and steel
in the 50s & 60s. They learned a lot, their kids studied an became engineers....
and today they can build guns - that seem to be up to normal standards.)

hankdatank1362
March 27, 2009, 02:31 PM
I love the pictures of what I'm assuming is the Turkish Army on their website. All holding shiny new pistols, grinning from ear to ear, with fingers firmly hooked on the triggers.

StephenT
March 27, 2009, 03:19 PM
Sean,

No, I'm not sure where I'd look for aftermarket accessories, or whether any are even available yet. The dealer I bought mine from said that these guns have only been available in the US for a few weeks. There are only about three dealers selling them on gunbroker, so chances are that your local gunstore has never heard of this brand.

I'm very happy with mine (of course, I haven't tried it yet, but feels very good and solid). The only reason that I didn't go with the 9mm is because I've got several wondernines already.

maskedman504
March 27, 2009, 04:08 PM
According to the Turkish Ministry of National Defense's (MSB) technical specification of No.02-38B, which covers the NATO standards; the complicated tests which are implemented on the pistols to be included in the invertory of the Turkish Armed Forces, and which are also applied on our firm's facilities on a total of 10 pistols selected from every 1,000-pistol series which we produced, are as follows:

Cold Weather Test-

After a full magazine is affixed, the cartridge is put on the chamber and entrenched. The pistol waits for 24 hours in an atmosphere of -33C together with a full spare magazine. Later, a series of shootings are made during which the barrel position is 0 C (3).

Result: The pistol works free of error.

Hot Weather Test

After a full magazine is affixed, the cartridge is put on the chamber and entrenched. The pistol waits for 24 hours in an atmosphere of 55 C degrees together with a full spare magazine. Later, a series of shootings are made during which the barrel position is 0 C (3).

Result: The pistol works free of error.

Dye (Salt) Test

The pistol waits for 24 hours at 20 C (3) in salty water (one liter water-50 gr. Salt Na-Cl) with 5% concentration in a convenient folder together with its magazine. (Magazine is not affixed to the pistol)

Desired standart;
The dye and the coating of the pistol and the magazine are viewed, and there should be no blister, erosion or change in color and hue.

Result: Free of error.

Fall Test

Cartridges of two less than the maximum capacity are put on the magazine of the pistol. Two empty shells, the capsule of which is secure, the nucleus and pistol powder of which are taken out, are affixed to the top. After the empty shell, the capsule of which is secure, is put on the chamber of the pistol, the magazine is affixed to the pistol and the pistol is not entrenched.
a) The hammer is set up, and the hammer, barrel and handle are fallen on the lower back corner,
b) The hammer is not set up, and the hammer, barrel and grip are fallen on the lower back corner.

The pistol in the afore-mentioned situations are fallen six times from 1 meter-height on a steel plaque, which has a thickness of 5cm. and is put on the concrete ground, on a straight way.
During the controls made at the end of every fall, it has been found that the shell, the capsule of which is secure, has not exploded and there was no pound on the capsule and no crack, break or bulge on the whole pieces of the pistol and the pistol has been avaliable for shooting.
After the fall test, 60 cartridges were shot by the same pistol and it has been viewed that the pistol has fired all the cartridges in an appropriate way.

Result: Free of error

MUD TEST BLOW TEST

Speed Test

In this test, 10 cartridges will be shot with the pistol. The speed of the cartridge nucleus from the barrel at 10 meters off will be measured. The standard of this speed should be 335m/sec.

Result: The speed of the pistol is 360 m/sec.

Dispersal Shooting Test

Shooting is made from 25 m. distance to the target with 10 parabellum cartridges with bullet nucleus, full material, 9X19 mm and average chamber pressure 2600 kg/cm.
The standard of this test: All of the 10 shootings should be in a circle of maximum 8 cm semi-diameter.

Result: All of the 10 shootings are gathered in a circle of 6 cm diameter.

High-Pressure Shooting Test

A total of higher charger 9X19 mm cartridges having an average pressure of 2800-3700 kg/cm are shot continuously. The aim is to control whether or not there would be any damage on the pistol and on its parts during the shooting of the high-pressure cartridges.

Endurance Test

Chosen pistol was subjected to hardened fire test by making 5000 non-stop shooting.

usp9
March 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
StephenT,
Please let us know how it shoots and your impressions of this pistol. I looked at one very hard at the last gun show but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the buy. They were asking $369 but with the plastic grips. Your pistol is much more attractive. What is the takedown proceedure?

usp9
March 27, 2009, 04:26 PM
Please delete

Onward Allusion
September 11, 2009, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to share this bit of info on the mags used for the Tisas ZIGANA C45 (ATI C45). I received a response to my inquiry at Mec-Gar this morning.

"Mec-Gar does suppy Tisas OEM magazines, whiched are very similar to the Beretta series of magazines. Mec-Gar does not manufacture OEM magazines any longer for the Beretta factory, and we do not manufacture PX4 Storm .45 magazines. We only manufacture Beretta 92 and 96 magazines.

The Tisas magazines are the same tube as the Beretta, however the locking hole has been relocated to make it exclusive to Tisas pistols. You will have to obtain extra magazines from ATI as all manufacturing is exclusive to Tisas."

I don't have the right metal working equipment, but if I did - I might be tempted to play around with a PX4 mag.

schmeky
September 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
Sorry guys, but I think I would just buy a CZ-97, or a Sig. These may be well made and a great value, but parts, mags, etc. could be a problem. No one knows how long they will be imported.

StephenT,

Looks like a nice gun, this is absolutely no reflection on your purchase. Please let us know how it shoots.

Onward Allusion
October 5, 2009, 12:48 AM
A review of the ATI (Tisas) C45...

Purchased the blued version with alloy frame, steel ported slide, ported barrel, fixed 3 dot sights, & a single 9 round staggered magazine for $362 (shipping & FFL transfer included in the $362).

Fit was very tight – probably one of the tightest fitting pistols I've handled out of the box. Magazine fit well and dropped free. Metal work was without noticeable burrs or imperfections. Finish was even and smooth, again no imperfections. After field stripping, I noticed that the barrel's metal work was on the rough side. It reminded me of the 1st generation Sigmas. Sharp edges and visible tool marks. I also noticed that the barrel's walls were more on the thin side, as compared to my other pistols (40's & 9's).

Grip felt like it was made for medium to large hands, with emphasis on large. Double action trigger was long but smooth at 10 lb. Single action felt light to me and supposedly broke at 4.5 lb, but I generally shoot DAO.

I took it to the range the next day *without cleaning* and attempted to run a box of WW 230 Gr FMJ out of it. Jammed (failed to complete battery) on every few rounds. Took it home, stripped & inspected. It still had a bit factory grease but I also noticed a very small bit of frame to slide rubbing near the rear of the frame. Thoroughly cleaned and oiled it and took it back to the range today; still had the same issue on the first couple of magazines.

However, by the third magazine it ran flawlessly. I ran through a couple of boxes of target ammo today and it was accurate and reliable, after the first couple of mags. Because of the ported barrel/slide I felt very little recoil. Groupings were between 0.5” to 1.5” at 7 yards. This is very unusual for me as I usually do not do well with with the .45 round. I could have had a good day or more likely the compensated barrel did the trick for me.

Overall, I think it's a nice pistol; one that is great for a bit of range time. It might even make a good weapon for defense for the right person (read - someone with large hands).

1SOW
October 5, 2009, 01:04 AM
They make a full line off handguns in 9mm too. Some of the nines are really sharp looking anyway.
Search Zigana on this forum and there were good pics and videos available. They have fully auto versions over there. That video is very interesting. They also show the guns being built in their factory.

One or two of the 9mms really look spiffy!

safirarmsusa@gmail.com
March 28, 2012, 01:23 AM
we are the distributor of Tisas brand ( made in Turkey ) Pistols in USA. we have stock at our NJ facility. Dealer inquires and customer inquires welcomed.

thanks

Dawood Qureshi
Safirarms NJ

Okiegunner
March 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
The Turk's, in my opnion, are making some really good firearms these days.

I personally own the MKEK Girsan Yavuz 16 (Turk made Beretta 92F clone) It is my best shooter. Canik55 makes a really good looking CZ-75 (Tanfoglio) type copy.

I believe it is TISAS (Trabzon) that makes the Umarex imported 1911 platform. (I really want one of these) A black, very basic, G. I. 1911 with Hogue grips. Bar stock machined slide and investment cast frame.

Congrats on your purchase. Those grips really do dress that pistol up!!

Gunner

tekarra
March 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hello Dawood and welcome to the forum.
Glad to see an imprter is interested in participating on the forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tisas Zigana C45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!