need opinions on a new gun

PDA

oklahoma caveman
March 27, 2009, 03:16 PM
im lookin for a 243 bolt action rifle with a wood stock with a top end price tag of $600. need opinions please. thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "need opinions on a new gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
woof
March 27, 2009, 04:37 PM
Depends on what your primary use would be. And is 600 rifle only or a scope too? Many will come with no sights. I'd be looking at a cz 550, don't be afraid of a nice used one. But I doubt you can get rifle and scope for under 600.

dagger dog
March 27, 2009, 04:51 PM
You could find a Savage short action for that kind of money .

oklahoma caveman
March 27, 2009, 07:01 PM
this is a gun for my fiance, she wants her very own deer gun instead of using mine and she is very particular, although i cant say much as i am 2. it will be used only for hunting, and maybe some target shooting. 600 would be for the gun and scope if it at all possible, and we are open to a used gun, and are currently lookin for 1. just thought id drop a line and see if any of you folks could help me out in this search. thank you all

dat2
March 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
I'ld look at a Rem 700, shop around, price varies. a used one is just as good as a new one

Muley
March 27, 2009, 07:12 PM
Tikkas' are my pick, the actions are LIKE GLASS and very accurate. My 2nd choice and a very close 2nd would be a Savage. Even If I was rich beyond my wildest dreams, I would sill have these firearms in my safe,,,,,just more of them. Both are easy on the pocket,,,,and I would rather get my fingernails pulled out with pliers than be forced to buy cheap optics for anything I shoot!

woof
March 27, 2009, 07:29 PM
You know any of the major bolt action rifles will make a fine deer gun. And don't be too hung up on .243, consider 7mm-08 as well. For that matter don't overlook the Remington 760 or 7600 pump actions, and if your hunting will not be long range women seem to like the Marlin .336. Take her out and let her handle some. If she likes it she will shoot it more often and better no matter what it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "need opinions on a new gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!