C Products Mags

PDA

dat2
March 27, 2009, 07:05 PM
any body ever heard anything good or bad about C Producys mags for AR15's there is a store here in town that just got some in, just wondering if they were any good

If you enjoyed reading about "C Products Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Geneseo1911
March 27, 2009, 07:25 PM
I had a terrible experience with the stainless mags. The bodies were so crooked they wouldn't even hold rounds. Many people on here claim to be satisfied with them, but about an equal number don't like them. The aluminum one I saw at the last gun show I was at didn't look much better than the SS ones I received.

Evenflo76
March 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
I have c products mags. They are actually Ar Stoners. Midway just bought a bunch and renamed them.

Work great for range duty. I keep the original D&M mags in the bags that came with the rifle.

JimJD
March 27, 2009, 08:50 PM
Mine have been fine at the range. Can't speak for other types of conditions out there in the world.

model 649
March 27, 2009, 09:41 PM
I've got a dozen alum. and stainless. No problems at all in over a year for them.
Josh

Flash!
March 27, 2009, 09:42 PM
I have six of them..... only used three of them so far but they have functioned fine........

Javelin
March 27, 2009, 09:43 PM
I have 20+ of them and I really like the quality.

:)

MIL-DOT
March 27, 2009, 10:58 PM
A couple years ago, they were the AR-mag DeJour. Somehow, they're now getting a lot of grief. I have several, and they've all look good and run just fine.

Coronach
March 27, 2009, 11:22 PM
I bought fifty "AR Stoner" mags (made by c-products with Magpul followers) and fifty C-Products mags sold by AIM Surplus (black teflon with orange C-products followers). I've sold most of the AR Stoner mags to friends and coworkers, and some of the C-Products ones.

I've heard and observed zero complaints or malfunctions. They seem to work just fine. I will say that the black-teflon ones with the orange followers seem to be much more "roughly" done. The welds are more visible and less even, and the edges are sharper. If I had to predict which one would fail first, it would be them, but I have observed zero faults with either. It is also worth noting that I ordered the AIM Surplus ones at the height of the Insanity (AIM had a smoking great price, even then), so I have no doubt that C-Products was working 'round the clock and turning them out as fast as possible.

To the naked eye, everything seems to be in spec on the crucial dimensions. The feedlips seem identical from mag to mag and across types.

Mike

briansmithwins
March 27, 2009, 11:30 PM
I have 20+ of the stainless 30 rounds mags. Every one I have has functioned normally during rifle matches and for the 4 day class I took.

BSW

1KPerDay
March 28, 2009, 01:31 AM
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=431395

another thread on these recently FYI

cdpsrjc
May 8, 2009, 06:59 PM
I bought two 20 round SS mags. One was fine, the other wouldn't hold the first/last round. contacted C products for an RMA on the defective mag and received a prompt response. I sent the mag back and since that time they have completely ignored multiple follow-up emails from me. As the saying goes, you pay your money and you take your chances. I will never buy another again, and if this 'review' costs them $20 in sales, I'm happy now. I bought several pmag magazines and am happy with my new purchases. lesson learned. I wish all my lessons were this cheap.

10-Ring
May 8, 2009, 08:05 PM
I've got some w/ the Magpul followers and they been reliable mags

SwampWolf
May 8, 2009, 08:12 PM
I will say that the black-teflon ones with the orange followers seem to be much more "roughly" done. The welds are more visible and less even, and the edges are sharper. If I had to predict which one would fail first, it would be them, but I have observed zero faults with either.

Odd, in that I have both variants and my black ones with the orange followers not only work well but seem better made than my other C Products mags. :confused: I will concede that the "edges" seem somewhat sharper but the welds are not at all prominent.

Gary G23
May 8, 2009, 08:22 PM
I bought 30 and had to throw 12 in the trash.

Coronach
May 9, 2009, 12:03 AM
You might want to fish them back out. If you return them, they'll exchange them for ones that work.Odd, in that I have both variants and my black ones with the orange followers not only work well but seem better made than my other C Products mags. I will concede that the "edges" seem somewhat sharper but the welds are not at all prominent.I dunno. Mine seem rougher in most dimensions. That said, they work fine.

Mike

Hostile Amish
May 9, 2009, 12:10 AM
They are okay, about on par/slightly worse than USGI.

matrem
May 9, 2009, 12:33 AM
I bought 30 and had to throw 12 in the trash.
In the trash?
Why?

Badger Arms
May 9, 2009, 12:41 AM
Took a friend to the range with his and my AR's. His was FTF city with all four of his C-Products magazines but worked fine with my Okay, Sanchez, Brownells, and HK magazines (of course). Two of his magazines functioned fine in my Bushmaster, two had the same double-feed issues. Didn't do a comprehensive review, only stated that saving $2 a magazine when you spend as much to fill it as it costs is penny-wise, pound foolish. Always buy known good magazines. 100% USGI or HK mags for me. Not looking back.

sarduy
May 9, 2009, 12:43 AM
any body ever heard anything good or bad about C Producys mags for AR15's there is a store here in town that just got some in, just wondering if they were any good

1+ million C-Products

i use them on my AR and i never had a problem

Maverick223
May 9, 2009, 12:55 AM
1+ million C-Products
You win I have only used a few hundred thousand...:D

Wish I could find them (in SS) and Pmags in 20 rounders...:(

hobgob
May 9, 2009, 01:06 AM
I got quite of a few of em laying around. I have never had any problems with them.

EHL
May 9, 2009, 01:34 AM
haven't had one hiccup from any of my stoner mags. Only complaint is that they are aluminum. Wish they were steel or a hardier material. Other than they work just fine.

mp510
May 9, 2009, 01:49 AM
I live pretty close to both the current and former CPRODUCTS factories. I have bought mags in person from their office, however, I'm not sure if they are currentely offering walk-in sales. They customer service was excellent. Granted, I bought them well before the current panic, but the masgs that I bought seemed better made than any of the used USGI mags that I own. I would not hesitate to buy CPORDUCTS mags in the future.

Maverick223
May 9, 2009, 01:58 AM
I live pretty close to both the current and former CPRODUCTS factories. I have bought mags in person from their office, however, I'm not sure if they are currentely offering walk-in sales. They customer service was excellent. Granted, I bought them well before the current panic, but the masgs that I bought seemed better made than any of the used USGI mags that I own. I would not hesitate to buy CPORDUCTS mags in the future.
Did you just volunteer to walk in and buy our mags for us? :D

skidooman603
May 9, 2009, 05:10 AM
Waited 3 months for my 2 I wish I would have bought more. You never know until you actually see the product. Going to jump back on the website and get more. Why would you throw 12 mags in the trash?

Mot45acp
May 9, 2009, 11:49 AM
Nothing but bad luck here. Out of spec feed lips.

dmckean44
May 9, 2009, 07:27 PM
Mine have worked great for me.

wally
May 9, 2009, 09:57 PM
My experience after waiting months for the order to be filled is they are shipping crap now.

I got four 7.62x39 AR mags and five DMPS .308 mags and none work :(

.223 AR mags I got before the election haven't given me any troubles.

The "teflon" finish is poor quality and starts flaking off if you look at it wrong. But I wouldn't care about this if the mags worked.

--wally.

Maverick223
May 9, 2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone want to confirm that Wally didn't just get the lemons, before I decide to just stick to PMags?

Coronach
May 10, 2009, 12:09 AM
Mine are working fine, but if you can find Pmags in stock and at a decent price, go with them.

Mike

Maverick223
May 10, 2009, 01:25 AM
Any 20 rounder is hard to find...including the C Products.

Magic_Man
May 10, 2009, 01:41 AM
I have never had any problems w/my C-Prod mags.

wally
May 10, 2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone want to confirm that Wally didn't just get the lemons

Well I'm not alone in getting C-products DMPS .308 mags that don't work:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=448881

--wally.

FFMedic
May 10, 2009, 05:02 PM
I don't have any feeding issues with mine (ten 20's and ten 30's) but they are darn near impossible to seat on a closed bolt in either my Bushmaster or Rock River Arms.

FFMedic

Maverick223
May 10, 2009, 05:18 PM
I need 20rnd AR mags for my non-AR. It is a Bushmaster though (not worried about seating as I leave the bolt open). :D

MIL-DOT
May 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
I jumped on that "buy 10,get one free" deal they ran a couple years or so ago. I still have a few new in plastic, but the ones I test fired have been fine, no issues whatsoever.
Back then, they were "the $h*t", everyone on several forums raved about them and their customer service. Since then,I've read some complaints, and the P-Mags now seem to be the rage.Whatever.........;)

wally
May 10, 2009, 06:58 PM
Back then, they were "the $h*t", everyone on several forums raved about them and their customer service. Since then,I've read some complaints, and the P-Mags now seem to be the rage.Whatever...

They may have been good in the past, but what they delivered to me yesterday was certainly not worth waiting for :(

We'll see if their customer service does anything, I sent them an Email from the link on their website, and downloaded their PDF "return form" but I'm loathe to send off a package they are not expecting.

--wally.

redneckbuckeye
May 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have ten of the stainless with the Orange follower they work as needed.

If you enjoyed reading about "C Products Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!