Geissele Match Trigger

PDA

carnaby
March 27, 2009, 10:36 PM
Just got a new Geissele match trigger. Installed it. Tried the first stage, yep, there it is. Then I just about passed out when I got to the second stage. I didn't know a trigger could be this good.

Installation was a snap too.

Just thought I'd share.

:):)

If you enjoyed reading about "Geissele Match Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
March 27, 2009, 10:36 PM
they are impressive

paulo
March 27, 2009, 10:40 PM
Did you get the match or service rifle trigger? I have one in a match rifle and love it.

carnaby
March 27, 2009, 11:39 PM
Match. Yep it's amazing.

marsche
March 27, 2009, 11:44 PM
Da Bomb

JWarren
March 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
Does anyone have any leads on where a Geissele SSA trigger may be in stock?

I've been a-lookin'...

-- John

Coronach
March 28, 2009, 09:44 AM
How durable/reliable are they (the giselle match triggers)? The usual complaint against "match" triggers is that they don't stand up to heavy use like a mil-grade or similar bomb-proof trigger does. In many ways this is moot, because you probably wouldn't benefit from having a match trigger at a 3-day carbine course, but the question does remain. I ask because I have a "stealth build" that I'm working on finishing. Looks like a carbine, handles like a carbine, shoots like a match-grade rifle. A good trigger would be a nice addition, but it must be dead-nuts reliable.

Mike

JWarren
March 28, 2009, 09:54 AM
How durable/reliable are they (the giselle match triggers)? The usual complaint against "match" triggers is that they don't stand up to heavy use like a mil-grade or similar bomb-proof trigger does. In many ways this is moot, because you probably wouldn't benefit from having a match trigger at a 3-day carbine course, but the question does remain. I ask because I have a "stealth build" that I'm working on finishing. Looks like a carbine, handles like a carbine, shoots like a match-grade rifle. A good trigger would be a nice addition, but it must be dead-nuts reliable.

Mike,

I am thinking in the exact same lines as you. This it the reason I am searching for a Geissele SSA trigger.

The Geissele SSA trigger is non-adjustable, and -- based upon what I've read-- seems to be more reliable than adjustable triggers.

Yet, it still has an excellent break and pull.

-- John

H2O MAN
March 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
I had their DMR trigger and it was outstanding :)

carnaby
March 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
White Oak Armament has them:

www.whiteoakarmament.com

waterhouse
March 28, 2009, 10:58 AM
How durable/reliable are they (the giselle match triggers)? The usual complaint against "match" triggers is that they don't stand up to heavy use like a mil-grade or similar bomb-proof trigger does.

This could be internet rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, but when I ordered mine from ADCO there was a several month wait (this was a few years ago, long before the current panic). I was told that the triggers Mr. Geissele was currently making were going over to the sandbox and were seeing hard use.

Mine has seen a few thousand rounds (I'd have to check my book, and I've swapped uppers a few times, but I'd guess the count on the trigger is around 3,500) of varying quality ammo without a hiccup, and a lot of folks on M4 carbine.net report good results.

Howard Roark
March 28, 2009, 11:51 AM
I know of three Geissele triggers that have failed. One I saw first hand. The sear catch broke off the hammer. Bill replaced it promptly. It had 25K rounds fired by it and as many dry fires. He redesigned the hammer with more radiused edges on the tail. He has tested his triggers to 100,000 cycles with no failures.

As far as how durable they are I have three and all have run flawlessly for years. I only shoot high power competition and am not being shot back at, therefore am not concerned with a 3-Sigma failure rate.

There are many SF using his trigger so I would think it's safe for civilian uses.

taliv
March 28, 2009, 12:04 PM
i have also seen a geissele trigger fail first hand. would have put a shooter out of the match for the day. couldn't be fixed on the line. he had to borrow someone's gun.

just my opinion, but his non-adjust semi/full triggers aren't NEARLY as crisp as his match trigger.

in fact, his full-auto trigger is the least-clean-breaking trigger i own (not counting standard triggers)

JWarren
March 28, 2009, 03:18 PM
just my opinion, but his non-adjust semi/full triggers aren't NEARLY as crisp as his match trigger.

Hmmm.... that may change my search. Thanks taliv. Maybe a DMR is in my future.

-- John

Coronach
March 28, 2009, 03:21 PM
T-

What would you recommend for a bombproof trigger on a semi/almost precision rifle? For reference, this is to mate up with that Recon barrel you pointed me to...

Right now the lower is running a standard milspec trigger.

Mike

taliv
March 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
i'm not telling you anything you don't already know. just something that seems like it needs to be repeated occasionally:

all machines break. it happens. sure some are better than others. but nothing is really ever bomb proof. you just need to train to mitigate that issue. e.g. malfunction drills and transition-to-pistol drills and moving-out-of-the-way-when-your-gun-is-down-so-your-teammate-can-shoot-somebody drills

you DO NOT NEED a super-crisp or super-light trigger to shoot 1MOA or better. so the fact that the ssa/ssf isn't as crisp as their hi-speed match trigger, isn't the end of the world, and it's not a knock on the trigger. people just need to set their expectations properly before they buy.

i would buy one again, and in fact, i did buy another one for my SR25

Kind of Blued
March 28, 2009, 07:05 PM
Does anybody have experience with both to compare the non-adjustable Geissele (or any model) with the RRA NM two-stage?

For what it's worth, the two-stage that came in one of my Rock River guns is a BIG improvement over the standard single-stage, and there aren't really any fragile parts to poop out on you. I'm sure they're not as nice as the adjustable Geissele, but at less than half the price, they're great for guns that have a lot of inherent accuracy in the barrel, optics, whatever, but still get tossed around and run hard.

taliv
March 28, 2009, 07:39 PM
i have the RRA 2-stage in one of my ARs. mine has survived 3 carbine classes and is around 15k rnds now, but at those same classes, I heard story after story after story about the RRAs failing. guess i got lucky.

my RRA feels good, better than my SSF, but not as good as my jewell (which did fail me at camp perry! HIGHLY annoying!)

carnaby
March 28, 2009, 09:34 PM
Right, taliv. I was already shooting MOA with my 6.8. I'm just wondering what sort of difference this trigger will make. My old mil-spec trigger sucked.

Jon Coppenbarger
March 28, 2009, 10:41 PM
I have thought about getting one as I heard the lock time is much better?
My RRA,s have gone out by losing weight but they were easily reset.

If you enjoyed reading about "Geissele Match Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!