4.6x30mm ammo now available....Why?

PDA

nwilliams
March 27, 2009, 11:26 PM
I noticed that Fiocchi now sells the 4.6x30 round and that a number of online stores sell it, Impactguns, Cheaper Than Dirt, Midway and a few others.
http://www.fiocchiusa.com/cat_rifle.html

I thought this round was proprietary to the H&K MP7 so it just made me wonder why stores are selling this ammo now.

I know some countries are using the MP7 now but I didn't realize that there was any interest here in the US. Anyone know if any law enforcement agencies here in the US that are using the MP7 now? If nobody uses it here in the US then it seems kind of strange to me that stores are selling this ammo now.

If you enjoyed reading about "4.6x30mm ammo now available....Why?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mattioli13
March 28, 2009, 12:26 AM
I noticed the exact same thing when I saw some on Midwayusa. It had a review on it talking about how he bought it for his ammo collection...... So for now I guess they're collectors items.....

Also, I don't know if H&K scraped it or not but they were working on a pistol to match the MP7, like the fivenseven for the P90......

HorseSoldier
March 28, 2009, 12:28 AM
+1. Good question. There's nothing a civilian can get that shoots it, unless I've missed some new product out there. Are there any law enforcement or .gov agencies issuing it? I could see there being a bit of a niche market if there are cops out there who might want to practice above and beyond what their department's ammo budget allows for. Otherwise, no clue.

Hostile Amish
March 28, 2009, 12:49 AM
It is for law-enforcement agencies that may adopt, or have adopted, the MP7. However, there are no such agencies that have done this so far, as far as i know.

Kind of Blued
March 28, 2009, 01:10 AM
Taurus supposedly announced at SHOT show that they'd be releasing a revolver chambered for the cartridge.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/01/06/new-2009-shot-show-rumor-46x30mm-revolver-michael-bane-says-yes/

Do I win?

March 28, 2009, 05:24 AM
Any gun smith that does T/C barrels could bang one out as long as they can get a 4.6mm bore blank.

It will be like most of H&K's other products, just over hyped and over priced.

If you enjoyed reading about "4.6x30mm ammo now available....Why?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!