Compact ACOG vs Aimpoint

PDA

Eustachius234
March 28, 2009, 01:51 AM
Is the Compact ACOG even comparable to the Aimpoint?

I'm looking at the TA44SR-10 1.5x16mm - http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=714&back_row=0&categoryID=3

If you enjoyed reading about "Compact ACOG vs Aimpoint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RugerOldArmy
March 28, 2009, 02:04 AM
Different tools for different jobs.

An aimpoint has a wider field of view, a large dot, and 1x lens (without a magnifier).

I've got a T33-R8, which is a 3x with a BDC. It has a narrower field of view, but you can still hit the center of a paper plate @300 easily.

Both are built like tanks.

Aimpoint batteries last a long time, the fiber/tritium ACOGs need no batteries.

I'd say it's personal preference. But unless you were in close quarters urban combat in a war zone, the ACOG is much more flexible and capable. You can get a magnifier for an Aimpoint, but even the smaller dots are huge and less refined, IMO.

Edit: Then again, looking at the model you chose, an Aimpoint might be more of a bang for the buck, and it is a tool intended for the same/similar job, red dot and all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Compact ACOG vs Aimpoint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!