.90" light mount?

PDA

skarpenz
March 28, 2009, 09:49 PM
I have a nice little LED flashlight that measures .90" in diameter and I was wondering if I could just use a regular 1" light mount for this? I have a seen a few mounts that specify a .90" option but they cost almost $60 for the specific ones. I'll tape my light to my gun before I pay $60 for a single ring mount. I tried searching, but I cannot get it to search that specific size. So sorry if this is a frequent question around these parts. :D Thanks guys.

Tom

If you enjoyed reading about ".90" light mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atblis
March 28, 2009, 09:51 PM
Probably. You could probably use a piece of rubber to shim it up.

skarpenz
March 28, 2009, 09:54 PM
I had considered that and if the one I end up ordering doesn't fit I will do that. I didn't know if most people just ROUNDED UP, haha.

kirklandkie
March 28, 2009, 09:55 PM
the rubber would also add a level of protection of the "bulb" in your LED flashlight. I know you shouldn't use a regular flashlight on a weapon because it'll blow out the bulb when shooting but i doubt this is applicable for an LED
just buy the 1" and get some rubber

-kirk

skarpenz
March 28, 2009, 09:56 PM
Cool, I'm glad we all think alike on the idea. Thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about ".90" light mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!