A little help from my friends...

PDA

Iansstud
March 29, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Ok, so Im lookin for a tactical rifle scope, here is my req's:

-Must be 30mm tube

-Must be external turrett adjustable (ie: target knobs)

-Would like adjustable power, Im not sure I want to fork out a big chunk of $$$ for a scope w/ a fixed power...

-I would like the power to be in the 3x or 4x to 12x or 14x range

-Side focus would be nice, but not a must have
-Illum. Reticle would be nice, also not a must

-Must be in 1/4 moa clicks

-Must be in MILDOT

-price range is $150-$350max

I have used a Leopould 4.5-14x50mm M1 scope and If $$$ was not an issue, That is what I would have.

This scope will be going on a SPS tactical in .308

here is what I have come up with:

MILLETT 4-16X50 TRS-1 TACTICAL RIFLE SCOPE

Here is what I am asking,

What do you think about the Millett scope? Is it worth the money?

Is there something of better value for my $$$?

If you enjoyed reading about "A little help from my friends..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hoghunting
March 29, 2009, 09:04 PM
I was about to suggest the Burris XTR 312 as it met all the qualifications until this:

-price range is $150-$350max

Good luck with that part.

Auburn1992
March 29, 2009, 10:08 PM
I have that scope on my 22-250. It's as clear as could be and has held zero well. I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

Iansstud
March 30, 2009, 11:57 AM
I think I will get one then, I just wish there was a way to know what version you get... I hear the GEN4 2009 version has a ton of extra features that interest me.

Thanks guys

Iansstud
April 1, 2009, 11:11 AM
I went with the Millett TRS-1 2009 model, and im only #77 on SWFA wait list... they said they get about 35-40 in each day from Millett.. so It should ship out today or tomorrow

If you enjoyed reading about "A little help from my friends..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!