Very sad

PDA

dougestyle
March 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
Well guys...its happened again. This time a few miles from my home. A guy went into a nursing home and shot 9 people. This is horrible. This sorry S.O.B shot a couple cars outside the home and then went in and shot 9 people...8 are now dead. The victoms included residents and employees. He was armed with at least a .22 rifle and a shotgun. The police officer that responded was hit with 3 pellets of bird shot and eventually hit the shooter in the shoulder with a single round from his issue weapon. The point is why must this stupid **** happen? He was going after his wife....why kill innocent elderly people in the process? The cop should have killed him if at all possible(not that I know that it was). The story will be on CNN and others....you guys check it out....just another example of how stupid us humans can be.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very sad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rogerjames
March 29, 2009, 08:57 PM
The point is why must this stupid **** happen? He was going after his wife....why kill innocent elderly people in the process?
I am sure you didn't mean this... but your vocabulary suggests that "all the others" were innocent, and the wife wasn't. The intended victim was just as innocent as the rest.

kirklandkie
March 29, 2009, 09:16 PM
i suspect he was speaking from the shooter's perspective. That's how i read it anyhow

-kirk

HorseSoldier
March 29, 2009, 09:19 PM
Tragic and just pointless.

Gunfighter123
March 29, 2009, 09:26 PM
What a shame for it to have happened. And what a shame the police didn't get in a better aimed shot !!!!!

EDIT --- have NOT seen the news yet --- wanna bet they report it as a automatic rifle and/or a assault gun.

dougestyle
March 29, 2009, 09:43 PM
OK, for you bashers. What I meant was that the elderly people haven't done anything to anyone. They were just trying to live out they're lives. My great mother-in-law was there and I went to see her on a regular basis. My father-in-law went everyday for 3 years. I mean EVERYDAY. My great mother-in-law passed 2 years ago, but that could just as easily have been us going in there to see her. What I meant was that the elderly people living there were COMPLETELY innocent of anything- unable to defend themselves in any way... (2 of the fatally wounded were in a wheelchair and that's ****ed up). The wife...I don't know what she did if anything. The guy may have had "some reason" to go after her...I don't know about they're personal life but I was just saying that it was a sad thing that happened. Why can't some of you see that? Don't bash me...I was telling you guys what stupid ass people do sometimes. My God, if we can't be at one with each other...***?

Gunfighter123
March 29, 2009, 09:57 PM
Doug ---- I would not be to upset about some replies ---- I ALWAYS get "taken to task" because of my spelling etc. etc.

I and almost all other people who read your post will understand the "gist" of your post.

Brad5192
March 29, 2009, 09:59 PM
You are right. If you are that mad at a person you have to kill them and people by them. Instead do the world a favor and kill your self. And leave the innocent people out of it.

TexasRifleman
March 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
just another example of how stupid us humans can be.

No, just another example of why people need firearms to defend themselves.

Maybe one armed nurse or orderly here could have stopped it. Maybe not.

Who knows, but what we DO know is that no matter what gun laws are in place criminals (shockingly) will always break the law.

dougestyle
March 29, 2009, 11:20 PM
O.K., maybe I spelled "victims" wrong....sorry about that everyone. And I guess what happened doesn't show how "stupid" us humans can be. I'm not not sure what a better word for such actions would be. The real thing here is what happened...not how I spelled something or the misuse of the word innocent.

rbernie
March 29, 2009, 11:25 PM
Not really a Rifle forum topic, but we do have a (respectful) thread in General Gun Discussions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very sad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!