Tikka rifles

PDA

jacob.elliott
March 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
Does anybody have any input on the Tikka T3 rifles, good or bad?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tikka rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AirPower
March 29, 2009, 10:23 PM
I have a T3 Lite stainless.....great rifle, very light and easy to handle. Nothing bad to say other than that magazines cost way too much.

litman252
March 29, 2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/search.php?searchid=5810963:D

They are light, great action and accurate. All of them are long action and some like the older ones better.

Tony

Lone_Gunman
March 29, 2009, 10:29 PM
The magazines are a cheap piece of plastic junk that are very expensive, and hard to find.

They are all long action, and it is just plain cheesy to have to use a long action rifle to fire a short action cartridge.

Aside from the magazine junkiness, and action cheesiness, they are very accurate and work well.

Birdhunter1
March 30, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'd sleep with mine (.243 T3 stainless laminate) but my wife won't share the bed!

2FNSLO
March 30, 2009, 09:36 AM
I have the T3 Varmint SS chambered in .223. I don't see it ever leaving my possession. The action is slick and it is more accurate than I probably ever will be. Oh, and the user adjustable trigger isn't too bad either.

willymike
March 30, 2009, 11:38 AM
I own three T3s and a Tikka Whitetail Hunter. Never had a problem with any of them and all are capable of shooting far better than the operator. All of them are superbly accurate.

While all may be long action in design; the shorter calibers, like .308 Winchester, use a bolt stop that shortens the bolt throw to that of the appropriate cartridge.

The detachable magazine is a polymer material that is very tough and will not deform (bend) like metal. I dropped a loaded one in a gravel parking area in the dark and my hunting partner ran over it with his car. It still functions as good as new, although with a few scratches. It is the same not so cheap junk polymer construction that Browning uses on the new X-Bolt. The magazines are expensive, but they can be purchased on-line from several sources.

The rifles are quick handling and point naturally (at least for me), have a great adjustable trigger, and smooth bolt.

All of my T3 rifles are the wood stocked T3 Hunter, while the older Whitetail Hunter is black synthetic. I did not like the super light weight of the T3 synthetics and certainly do not like the looks of black synthetic stocks. Hence, I opted for the wood versions. I purchased the black synthetic Whitetail simply because the store was sold out of wood stocked guns at the time, and I just had to have a new 7MM Rem Mag to go out west elk hunting. One of those, "I want it now moments!"

Overall, I'm completely satisfied with all of my Tikka rifles. I'll definitely not be parting with any of them.

jacob.elliott
March 30, 2009, 03:05 PM
i was thinking of either getting the T3 hunter or T3 Lite in 338 win mag. i don't know how much the 'lite' will effect the recoil though

Water-Man
March 30, 2009, 03:14 PM
I have a T3 Hunter in 6.5x55 Swede. It's a great rifle and TIKKA is one of the best values on the market. Usually the only people that say negative things about them are the people that never owned or shot one.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
March 30, 2009, 03:33 PM
Ummm, do you mean BESIDES the 34,534,632 other threads praising their virtues? :p

10-Ring
March 30, 2009, 04:06 PM
The Tikkas are fine rifles w/o the high $$ price -- IMO, you won't go wrong!

HGUNHNTR
March 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
Excellent Rifles, buy one.

surjimmy
March 30, 2009, 06:02 PM
Just looked at the action on my 300wsm, there was no cheese maybe a little butter from being soooo smooth.

DRYHUMOR
March 30, 2009, 08:34 PM
I had one of the first ones, a 243. Very nice and accurate.

I have heard of some issues with some of the later ones. Poor QC, light rusting. Really don't know. May be something to do with shipping. If you buy one, see if you can remove it from the stock, just to make sure.

KzoneAL
March 30, 2009, 09:03 PM
I too am a Tikka T3 Lite/stainleess junky in 243. I hate this gun it shoots shoots win super-x 100gr in the .6's .The gun is so cheesy and poorly made that i will get one in 7mm mag.oh i forgot to add the crappy trigger that breaks like glass at 2lbs. seriously fit and finish is good on the T3s great gun for the money...BUY ONE..!:D

countryrebel
April 3, 2009, 10:57 PM
I have a Tikka T3 lite in 243 that will shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards with 75 grain v-maxes. It was the first handload I had tried and it worked great. I will definitely be buying more T3's.

saskboy
April 5, 2009, 03:53 AM
The magazines are a cheap piece of plastic junk that are very expensive, and hard to find.

Well they are expensive, but the junk part is B.S. I have no problems finding new magazines for them either.

Lone_Gunman
April 5, 2009, 11:13 AM
Where can you find magazines now in stock?

Jerry D
April 5, 2009, 11:27 AM
Everything is great but loading a 3rd round in the mag I dislike. It's not hard, but its still a lot harder than it should be... but overall very nice gun, mines in .30-06.

CB900F
April 5, 2009, 12:11 PM
Jacob;

I've got a Tikka Whitetail hunter in .338 Winchester magnum. It's the model previous to the T3. Mine's wood/blue, like the T3 hunter. I've put a Pachmayr decelerater pad on it & I'm glad it's there. Gunsmith's almost universally like putting accessory pads on wood stock guns better than synthetic stocked guns.

The Tikka shoots, oh yes it does. I liked the first one so much I'm having a custom 6.5 Swede built on a T3 action at this time.

900F

litman252
April 5, 2009, 08:49 PM
The Tikka shoots, oh yes it does. I liked the first one so much I'm having a custom 6.5 Swede built on a T3 action at this time.

CB,
You know I as well love that round I want a new thread w/ all the details:cuss:

Tikka's are still great!! I can get about 1/2 of the available magazines ordered in 3 round, the Extended for all T 3's are out, some of the '95 series are available............

Tony

45crittergitter
April 5, 2009, 09:47 PM
I love all of mine, and the magazines work great, but they are expensive. The only thing I don't like about the mags is that they sorta load from the front, rather than the top, so you have to remove the mag to top it off.

Bigreno
April 5, 2009, 10:02 PM
I have the T3 Lite/Stainless in 30.06 and LOVE it. It has, in my opinion, the smoothest factory trigger on the market.

...also, the .5 inch 100yd groups don't hurt.

Pat4x4
April 5, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have a tikka super varmint.. And its trigger is sweet.. But I must admit my new 700 with the xmark is just as good.. I love them both

adc
April 6, 2009, 07:54 AM
i use a .243 hunter. mainly for coyote problems on the farm, very accurate rifle. great buy for the $$.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/adjc57/DSC00150.jpg

Hostile Amish
April 6, 2009, 08:19 AM
Tikka is cheap, accurate, and the bolt quality is one of the best.

jacob.elliott
April 6, 2009, 10:55 AM
what are some of the twist rates on these, i cant find it on the beretta website

If you enjoyed reading about "Tikka rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!