Guns are addicting!

PDA

desert gator
March 30, 2009, 01:59 AM
Two weeks ago I just bought my first gun. I got a walther pps 9mm. Well you guys are right, I am going in tomorrow to buy a walther P99 QA .40. I just cant resist and with my tax refund here I dont have the will power not to, buying guns is addictive!

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns are addicting!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ScareyH22A
March 30, 2009, 02:03 AM
Just wondering, mainly because I don't know anything about Walther P99, what made you decide on getting that next? And yes, as a new gun owner in early march, now with 3 firearms, guns ARE addicting. =)

Brutz
March 30, 2009, 02:05 AM
guns are my heroin :evil:

desert gator
March 30, 2009, 02:05 AM
I like the way that it fits in my hand and the way that the trigger pull feels. I also like the size, not to big or to small.

JWF III
March 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think that you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here on THR of that fact.

I always find myself one short of topping off my collection. "I just need one more and I'm done". That usually doesn't last too long.

Wyman

Oro
March 30, 2009, 10:04 AM
I've got 30 or so guns, and a classic Walther PP is not among them. My bad. I have wanted one for ages since I was a kid and my uncle had one in the 70's I admired. You have started in a good place. Welcome to the fun! And it sounds like you've started well.

benderx4
March 30, 2009, 10:26 AM
Just picked up a WWII Walther P-38 - fun shooter - those guys know how to make a gun!!

patrick526
March 30, 2009, 11:54 AM
Sure did! i purchased my first gun as Walther P22, the next 2 days I went to purchase the Walther PPS 9mm. Then after 2 days again, I went and purchase an H&K P30. Now am thinking of getting a GSG-5PK. Geeezzz, when will this stop? :(

10-Ring
March 30, 2009, 02:49 PM
Bu wah hah hah hah ha -- it's working!!!!

N.WoodsGuy
March 30, 2009, 02:52 PM
Yes they are............

There is actually a name for it too............

"GAS"...........or..........."Gun Acquisition Syndrome" :evil::D

Clifford
March 30, 2009, 03:27 PM
I quit rockcrawling to support my gun habit. I think that heroin would be a cheaper habit!

SsevenN
March 30, 2009, 04:30 PM
I always find myself one short of topping off my collection. "I just need one more and I'm done". That usually doesn't last too long.

Wyman

That's it for me too.

You know what? It's YOU PEOPLE who drive my habbit.

Every time I'm reading this site someone brings up a new/cool/unique gun/calibre, and I think, "Okay, I'll get it, but after that I'm DONE."

Who am I kidding:rolleyes:

desert gator
March 30, 2009, 06:45 PM
Ok I ended up not buying the gun toaday because as I laid in bed last night I started to really debate the QA model, or the AS model.

The pro of the QA model is the same trigger pull each and every time.
The con of the QA is when you decock it you have to rack the slide about 1/4" to recock it.

The pro of the AS is when decocked it can be recocked by a simple double action trigger pull which seems faster and easier for self defence.
The con is Im not a fan of having 2 different trigger pulls.

modifiedbrowning
March 30, 2009, 07:29 PM
Guns are addicting especially when you are buying Walthers.
As far as the QA vs. AS trigger systems, the decocker on the QA is for disassembly only. You press the decocker so you don't have to pull the trigger like a Glock. Otherwise you never need to use the decocker.

Cannonball888
March 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
I promised myself I would stop once my gun rack in the cabinet was full. Well, that didn't work as my brain concocted a devious plan to find more room after the rack was filled. I started hanging guns on the side walls, suspended them from the inside top on hooks, mounted them to the inside of the doors, etc., etc.

ScareyH22A
March 30, 2009, 07:37 PM
Remember me? From post #2? I got another one today during lunch. =(

KBintheSLC
March 30, 2009, 07:46 PM
Just remember that in times like these, I would avoid anything you can't find ammo for.
Buy ammo first, gun second. I would love to get a tiny 380, but the horror stories I am hearing about ammo have thwarted it.

Oh yeah... guns are certainly addictive. Lately, I am tweaking out on .22's

desert gator
March 30, 2009, 07:49 PM
scarey what did you get? Maybe it is a good thing I waited because now Im thinking hmm...what about a HK USP .40 compact? OH the choices and the tax return burning a whole in my pocket!

midiwall
March 30, 2009, 08:12 PM
I went from none to 5 handguns, 3 shotguns and a rifle in less than 4 months.

rougeqc21
March 30, 2009, 08:23 PM
two pistols in a month for me. 92fs and p239

ecureed
March 30, 2009, 10:43 PM
just wait till you get hooked on holsters, thats proven to be as addictive for me!

PT1911
March 30, 2009, 10:49 PM
agreed...

jad0110
March 30, 2009, 10:52 PM
just wait till you get hooked on holsters, thats proven to be as addictive for me!

and he's not even onto revolvers, shotguns and rifles yet! :neener: :evil:

Hawaiian
March 30, 2009, 10:53 PM
Your are right, they are. I was a knife collector for many years. After getting in to guns, I got hooked on them. I have not added many knives to the collection in recent years, most all of the exrta $ is spent on guns and more recently, ammo.

TimboKhan
March 31, 2009, 12:15 AM
I have more guns that I need, but far less than I want. I have a healthy collection, but there are always 4 or 5 new "needs" rattling around in my brain waiting for a full wallet and a lack of willpower.

atblis
March 31, 2009, 01:27 AM
It appears you're on a Walther kick.

ScareyH22A
March 31, 2009, 01:51 AM
I mainly shoot 9mm but as you know, ammo has been incredibly hard to acquire lately. But 550rd box of .22LR is only $14 so I picked a few boxes up and bought a Ruger 22/45 today. It's geometry is that of a 1911 and shoot's the incredibly inexpensive .22LR. All for less than $300. I thought I couldn't go wrong with it.

HK USPc40 is a fine pistol. I personally don't like the flip recoil of the 40. I prefer 9's and 45's. But the Compact 45 only holds 8rds I think.

bondmid003
March 31, 2009, 03:10 AM
This is what we like to call 'gun fever'

AZGlock13
March 31, 2009, 01:48 PM
I have more guns that I need, but far less than I want. I have a healthy collection, but there are always 4 or 5 new "needs" rattling around in my brain waiting for a full wallet and a lack of willpower.

TimboKhan, That's exactly how I feel.:D

friscolatchi
April 1, 2009, 10:16 PM
the secondary addiction is reading the forums, especially THR.
When I got my handgun permit, I registered a 629 6.5 inch for hunting white tail- I was tired of carrying a heavy shotgun around. I figured that's all I would ever need. The issuing person said "oh, you'll be back". I didn't understand what she was alluding to. Now I do... 4 handguns and less than 1 year later......

colorado_handgunner
April 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
Went from 1 shotgun to 1 shotgun, 3 pistols, and 1 rifle in 5 months!
:what::D:evil:

2nd 41
April 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
I just cant resist and with my tax refund here I dont have the will power not to, buying guns is addictive!

Hobbies/interests are $$$. The beauty is Guns last a long time if taken care of.
Year after year of enjoyment. Have fun. Be safe.

LoganDub8388
April 3, 2009, 03:04 AM
Yes there are...

I could spend days shopping online for guns and gun stuff...

just wait

jad0110
April 3, 2009, 08:42 AM
I have more guns that I need, but far less than I want.

Timbo,

Great line! Mind if I try it out as a sig-line for a while? I'd give you due credit, of course.

Mr. Bojangles
April 4, 2009, 06:18 AM
My wife didn't understand the powerful addiction that this hobby has. I just can't stop. I also don't understand why she has so many shoes...:D

GLI45
April 5, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hanguns are crack for the honest citizen.

Cpt. America
April 5, 2009, 02:07 AM
In the 20's on guns, I told my wife I would never by a gun I did not have a use for. Any ideas on a AR 50? She wants to know what I bought it for.:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns are addicting!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!