More homemade cutlery!

PDA

sakimoto
April 1, 2009, 09:11 PM
This is a sword and left hand dagger that I made by hand out of a leaf spring that I cut length way. It was straightened out by a sledge hammer, ground with an angle grinder (cooled often with a spray bottle), and formed with a file. The handles are hollowed out pieces of scrape oak furniture. It took me a while but I finally finished it as promised in the last post that I made. I hope you like them. I got the idea form this website . Thanks again for all your responses and your information.
Best regards,This is a sword and left hand dagger that I made by hand out of a leaf spring that I cut length way. It was straightened out by a sledge hammer, ground with an angle grinder (cooled often with a spray bottle), and formed with a file. The handles are hollowed out pieces of scrape oak furniture. It took me a while but I finally finished it as promised in the last post that I made. I hope you like them. I got the idea form this website "www.livesteelarmor.com". Thanks again for all your responses and your information.
Best regards,
Sakimoto!

Sakimoto!
:D

If you enjoyed reading about "More homemade cutlery!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
April 1, 2009, 09:14 PM
Very cool.

Did you heat treat them or just stay with the spring temper?

bikerdoc
April 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
lot of time and effort paid off

sakimoto
April 1, 2009, 09:20 PM
I did not want to heat treat them. If you check out the website where I got the ideas form you can get more of an idea of what I was doing. They give some pretty good information on cold forging. Thanks for the reply!
Saki:D

Smith
April 2, 2009, 11:32 PM
Looks nice! I've got to try that some time...

iburnpowdah
April 2, 2009, 11:47 PM
Jason, the mask really makes your knife/ sword display stand out!

If you enjoyed reading about "More homemade cutlery!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!