Camp Knife

PDA

messerist
April 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
Nuther one finally finished. We have a new baby and getting time to forge is rare. Here is an elk-handled forged file knife. Hope you like it:).
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/messerist/008.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Camp Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shoey
April 2, 2009, 10:39 PM
Looks real nice. I have an old chefs knife that I broke that I want to fashion into a nice belt knife. I like that one!

bikerdoc
April 2, 2009, 11:01 PM
OK, you know it is against forum rules to make knife nuts drool on the keyboard.

Seroiusly, nice work

hso
April 2, 2009, 11:35 PM
Very straight looking clip.
Did you cut it after the annealing or after forging/before tempering?

messerist
April 3, 2009, 12:07 AM
After forging and annealing the tip was rounded more than the finished product. I just filed the top edge off/flat as you see here. I believe the file I used was either a body putty file or a laminate countertop edge file. It had very widely-spaced teeth, much more than your normal metal file

Piraticalbob
April 3, 2009, 01:04 AM
Lovely knife!

Searcher1970
April 3, 2009, 02:32 AM
Nice work! Looks like a handy blade to have in the field.

cliffy
April 3, 2009, 02:44 AM
A Buck Alpha Hunter Folding Hunter was designed for my hand. At eight ounces, with a 3 1/2" blade it just feels right to me. The fact that its Stainless Steel CM154 or TS-34 blade is super-rugged mades me warm and fuzzy inside. I have a CM154 model with a nice leather scabbord. Fits the belt nicely, but unubtrusively. I feel I needed no other BIG knife for whatever job is required. Just my opinion, cliffy

If you enjoyed reading about "Camp Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!