Pictures in Emails

PDA

usmarine0352_2005
April 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm trying to send my friend an email with rifle pics, however, I want to do it so when they open the email the pics are there.

Thus they don't have to download the pic or upload or anything else.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm trying to send it to Microsoft Outlook from either Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo, or Hotmail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pictures in Emails" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TimM
April 4, 2009, 08:40 PM
You will need to use the html version of your email. There is usually a plain text and an html version.

usmarine0352_2005
April 4, 2009, 08:44 PM
You will need to use the html version of your email. There is usually a plain text and an html version.

How do you adjust that?

heron
April 4, 2009, 09:08 PM
Send it as an attachment. I think this may be the only way to do it now, with the virus filters on all the email servers.

Justin
April 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm trying to send my friend an email with rifle pics, however, I want to do it so when they open the email the pics are there.

Thus they don't have to download the pic or upload or anything else.

You will have to use HTML coding in your email.

Also, if you don't wish to send them as a file attachment, that html will have to point to a storage spot on the web such as Flickr or Picasa where you've already uploaded the photos.

usmarine0352_2005
April 7, 2009, 08:32 PM
You will have to use HTML coding in your email.

Also, if you don't wish to send them as a file attachment, that html will have to point to a storage spot on the web such as Flickr or Picasa where you've already uploaded the photos.

How do you know if you have this?

So, how do you attach them once you have them? I use photobucket. Do u use HTML Code?

EShell
April 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
Have you tried using the "Insert" button in the top toolbar of Outlook?

You should get a drop-down menu that lists "file attachments", "pictures", etc. and if you click on "Pictures", you should be able to browse your harddrive and locate the pic you want to attach.

It will then show up in the body of the e-mail wherever the cursor was when you went up and clicked "insert".

If you have the pics stored in Photobucket, you can download them to your local harddrive, and then insert them. Otherwise, you'll have to have a link for them to click which opens the picture at the Photobucket server.

usmarine0352_2005
April 7, 2009, 09:49 PM
Have you tried using the "Insert" button in the top toolbar of Outlook?

You should get a drop-down menu that lists "file attachments", "pictures", etc. and if you click on "Pictures", you should be able to browse your harddrive and locate the pic you want to attach.

It will then show up in the body of the e-mail wherever the cursor was when you went up and clicked "insert".

If you have the pics stored in Photobucket, you can download them to your local harddrive, and then insert them. Otherwise, you'll have to have a link for them to click which opens the picture at the Photobucket server.

Yeah, no insert button. But there is an attachment button. When I did that it shows it as a link that you need to open.

I don't want a link that has to be open, I want the picture already there in the email.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pictures in Emails" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!