spell check tool ?

PDA

gary vale
April 5, 2009, 07:35 PM
Is there a spell check tool I can utilize when creating a new post?

Thankx...

If you enjoyed reading about "spell check tool ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Big Daddy Grim
April 5, 2009, 07:46 PM
I have never seen one I just bring up my program in the back ground if I need help although I tend to spell horribly anyway.

Mal H
April 5, 2009, 08:00 PM
If you use Firefox as your net browser, there is a built-in spell checker. If you're using IE, you should see a spell checker button in the upper right corner of the "Reply to Thread" window (it is "abc" over a check mark). If it's not there, I don't know what would be missing in your system to cause that.

You can always compose your posts in Word (or your favorite word processing system) and then copy/paste it in the post.

gary vale
April 5, 2009, 08:29 PM
Mal H

I do use IE, and have the spellcheck icon in the "Quick Reply" message box.

I was hoping that you could point me to a spell checker, when creating a new post.

Thanks

Mal H
April 5, 2009, 08:33 PM
I thought I did.

If you have the spell check in the Quick Reply window, why don't you have it in the Post Reply window? As I said, it should be in the upper right corner (above the box of smilies).

gary vale
April 5, 2009, 09:15 PM
For whatever reason Mal H, that icon won't work for me.

I did however, download "ieSpell" and found that is now active under my Tools tab.

Thanks

fguffey
April 6, 2009, 10:17 PM
http://toolbar.google.com/T6/intl/en/index.html?tracking=1&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=google%20toolbar&tbbrand=GZAZ

You can download a Google tool bar that includes ABC Check without changing anything else, link above.

I have two email accounts, I can use 'NEW' with MSN Hotmail or 'COMPOSE' with YAHOO, after completing copy then paste in reply of forum, no time limit and after reading your reply and do not want to make the reply you can move the response and save by clicking 'Save as a Draft'.

F. Guffey

Sunray
April 7, 2009, 05:52 PM
No Spell Check will fix words that are spelt correctly, but used incorrectly. Too, to and two or there, their and they're, for example.

If you enjoyed reading about "spell check tool ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!