Pennsylvania allows crossbows

PDA

T.R.
April 5, 2009, 08:41 PM
The Pennsylvania Game Commission and State Legislature recently drafted an update to the Archery Season to include crossbows. No special needs or handicap document is req'd.

Scope sights on crossbows are still banned during archery season. Crossbows are no longer allowed during the late season flintlock hunt.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission forecasts increased license sales and increased deer harvest in "suburban fringe zones". BRAVO!!

My intent is NOT to start a debate on whether crossbows are legitimate archery weapons. The senior leadership of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wyoming, and other states don't pay attention to those wordy debates either. Crossbows are not going away.

TR

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/rushmoreman/Ohiocrossbowtrophy.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania allows crossbows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
April 8, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm all for it. Actually, I think that all states should prohibit crossbows during ARCHERY season (without a doctor's note), but allow their full use during muzzleloader and gun seasons.

JShirley
April 8, 2009, 03:18 PM
Crossbows don't have increased range over longbows. I guess the debate is only possible if you think they are less "sporting".

Personally, I'm more concerned with clean kills than how difficult a weapon is to use well.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania allows crossbows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!