Custom holsters for CCW?

PDA

Cosmoline
October 10, 2003, 08:15 PM
I've given up trying to find a Miami-style ccw shoulder rig for my Colt Police Pos. Special, so it looks like I'm going to have to have one made. Anyone know of good holster makers who do this kind of work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom holsters for CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mattk
October 11, 2003, 09:26 AM
Lou Alessi of Alessi Leather or Tony Kanaly at Milt Sparks

Slingster
October 11, 2003, 09:46 AM
Since Galco makes the original Miami Classic rig, have you asked them if they'd custom fit a holster for your Colt Police Positive? They have the technology!

BlkHawk73
October 11, 2003, 12:12 PM
Check with Mitch Rosen. (www.mitchrosen.com) After one order, all my leather gear is from him now. He's worked with a couple special requests for my holsters so perhaps he can help in your needs. Worth a shot.

Ian
October 11, 2003, 12:20 PM
I ordered a custom shoulder holster for my Colt 1903 from Terry Cawyer, and was very pleased with his work. I don't know if he's still making holsters, but you might send him an email (terrycawyer@yahoo.com). He advertised here on THR a while back, and his work is certainly more customized than a major company's would be.

PCRCCW
October 11, 2003, 08:40 PM
As a holster maker I can recommend 1/2 dozen that are the best at custom work. Allesi still does Custom work, Galleger is good, Brommeland is doing a little but sticks to his main line mostly, Del Fatti is good also...lots more but these guys Ill recommend highly.

Shoot well and good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom holsters for CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!