Help me find it...

PDA

CoRoMo
April 9, 2009, 07:58 PM
There is a member here, who has a signature which is actually a little drawing of a pistol, made out of keyboard characters.

I've been searching posts for too long trying to come across it.

Would you guys have an easier way to find it?

Or do you know the very member who has it and point me to a post of his?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find it..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
April 9, 2009, 09:22 PM
Drat. I remember seeing it, too...

CoRoMo
April 10, 2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I don't figure that there is a better way of searching for it other than skipping through thread after thread in hopes of finding it, but I'm tired of doing that. But I found a few websites where guys sit down and draw these things. Copying and pasting them is tricky because of the tabs and spaces involved. My brother was asking me about a gun related signature and I wanted to find that one here and email it to him.

,____,
//'

Thanks anyway.

Mal H
April 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
We do have a function to search signatures, but I searched for it last night and couldn't find it. I tried strings of drawing characters that I thought might be in it, but no joy. I tried strings like ---, ___, |||, ///, \\\, and several alt-num ASCII characters, etc., but didn't find it.

If you remember any of the characters or maybe words in the signature, I'll try again.

CoRoMo
April 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
Looking around the net, I've found a lot of amazing stuff.

I found out that this is called ASCII art, and some people take the major/complex images very seriously. Who knew.

There are all kinds of larger images of AKs, revolvers, everything.
But the little signature pistols that I've found are these...

,____,
//'

.'===='
//'

The THR member that I recall has a bit nicer picture. Your search characters would have covered the best I could recall, but it seems like he used an equals sign = for the ejection port and an asterisk * for the trigger/guard.

Check out this one... (http://www.myhairyass.com/ascii/Art/?ID=126)
When you try to copy and paste these big ones, it gets all screwed up and is difficult to fix.

Thanks again guys.

Mal H
April 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
Using the "==" string, I did find two ASCII guns in signatures, but I'm fairly certain they aren't the ones you are talking about.

Look at a post for members "G.A.Pster" and "Dragun" for their renditions.

bikerdoc
April 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
CoRoMo I know the one your looking for.Im home recovering. Spent some time looking for it. will continue to do so every day, and PM you if I find it.
Doc

CoRoMo
April 13, 2009, 05:27 PM
Mal, I think you found it.

G.A.Pster's sig is the one I was thinking of.

Thanks again.

Just don't know how/why there seems to be hidden characters (in blue) in front of his pistol.

A====.,--=--
........../_/*`

Mal H
April 13, 2009, 05:44 PM
Where you have "color=blue", he had "color=white". I figured it made the spacing come out correctly while being somewhat invisible.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find it..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!