CZ-75 / CZ-85 Laser Mount Question

PDA

DrDyno
April 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

A close friend has a CZ-85. Really nice gun. As you CZ-guys probably know, the CZ-85 is a CZ-75 with an ambidextrous safety.

The only laser he has found for a CZ is a Crimson Trace grip laser. The problem is the Crimson Trace can not be used on the CZ-85 because of the additional safety on the right side of the gun. Beamshot makes a trigger guard laser mount which he really doesn't want.

Here's my question: Can the CZ-85's right side safety button be removed? Or, can the safety parts from a CZ-75 be used on the CZ-85 so my friend can use the Crimson Trace grips?

Every time my friend sees my laser-equipped G-31C he goes back to the internet but finds nothing other than the beamshot mount.

Thanks in advance,

John
St. Petersburg, FL

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-75 / CZ-85 Laser Mount Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ricebrnr
April 10, 2009, 10:18 PM
Yes you can have the right side safety removed and the hole plugged. CZ's custom shop will do it for you. See this thread (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-guns/74343-make-mine-cz75b-now-long.html)

See if clarkston_cz might answer some more questions for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-75 / CZ-85 Laser Mount Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!