How do these scopes compare?

PDA

LopezEL
April 10, 2009, 02:31 PM
I am looking for a scope to put on my Bushmaster Varminter. I bought one of the Intensity Scopes for it to replace the Mueller APV that it had but the intensity was defective so I had to return it and the APV has been switched to my Sako Quad.

Therefore, I am looking at the following scopes:
Weaver V16 $265
Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14 $289
(What is the difference between the Grand Slam and the V16, which one is better?)

Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14 $259
Clearidge Ultra XP 4.5-14 $309
Sightron SII 6.5-20 for $299 on sale at Natchez.

What is the best value and which one would you pick? I am tired of looking at reviews of all these scopes and cannot make up my mind... Im leaning towards the Nikon Buckmaster at this time but last night I almost ordered the Weaver Grand Slam. Also, I can't seem to find a leupold in my price range of about $300 but if you have any leupy recommendations that would be nice as well... I want it to have at least 4-16 power though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do these scopes compare?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "How do these scopes compare?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!