Any Tucson shooters willin to play with a newbie ?

PDA

timmerk
October 12, 2003, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I am a newbie to the gun world and wanted to start learning handguns.

Is there anyone living in Tucson, AZ that would be willing to take me to a shooting range some weekend and teach me about them and how to shoot them, etc?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Tucson shooters willin to play with a newbie ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kor
October 13, 2003, 01:41 AM
Time and place, buddy - all we need is a time and a place...

E-mail me thru the board, or call during the work day - 747-1521.

Phil

clem
October 13, 2003, 02:40 AM
E Mail me also, maybe we can get a three-some going.

timmerk
October 13, 2003, 02:45 AM
PM sent - this sounds like it can work and we can all go - maybe some more Tucsoners will want to chime in!

Thanks!

Karl

C.R.Sam
October 13, 2003, 03:36 AM
I love it when a plan comes together. :)

Sam

Lennyjoe
October 13, 2003, 10:23 AM
I wont be back there til the 24th of Oct but any time after that I will be more than happy to help out.

Also, maybe you would like to join us in Phoenix on the 1st of Nov for a get together. Here is the link to the post and locationn

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43071

Dave T
October 13, 2003, 09:11 PM
If you're interested in competition, drive up to the Pima Pistol Club (near Catalina) on any Sunday morning. There are IPSC (USPSA) matches on the 1st and 3rd Sunday, a steel combat match (speed shoot) on the 2nd Sunday, and IDPA on the 4th Sunday.

All these start at 9 AM. Lots of people there would be glad to answer questions, describe/explain what's going on, and generally show you the ropes. Once you get a feel for it, jump in and give it a try. Almost nobody wins the first time out. Many have shot for years without winning and still come back. It's a lot of fun if you like to burn up ammo.

Lennyjoe
October 14, 2003, 10:36 PM
I plan on checking it out when I get back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Tucson shooters willin to play with a newbie ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!