I figured that this may be a bit of a useful vBulletin advice here at THR...

PDA

DFox
April 16, 2009, 03:49 AM
A little backstory

I know I'm new and everything, but be assured that I certainly enjoy, respect, and appreciate much of the knowledge and advice that is so abundant on this board.

Now I'm not sure if there's a specific reason that quoting an individual/specific post is not available, or maybe I've just missed it, but I think that it certainly makes understanding many of the conversations that occur here much more discernible.

I know that it may seem like a bit of work (myself included, on a lazy day), but I feel that it's worth the effort in some cases, particularly seeing as how many of the posts here are very well thought out and therefore alot of effort is used typing them; wouldn't it be nice if you knew that the specific party you were addressing knew it was meant for them?

How to do it

To "quote" an individual post, simply highlight their text and copy it (CTRL+C) does this as well.

Then, in the "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" window, paste their text, and put a [ QUOTE=xxusernamexx ] thepastedtext[ /QUOTE ], without the spaces in the brackets, and type underneath it.

It will appear like

thepastedtext

blah blah some intelligent stuff about gun control blah

I know this seems a little mundane, and it may already be addressed, but I just figured I ought to mention it. I'm sure many of you are better with vBulletin than myself, but I think it's a very helpful feature. Thanks for your time.

-DFox

If you enjoyed reading about "I figured that this may be a bit of a useful vBulletin advice here at THR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DFox
April 16, 2009, 04:01 AM
You know what?

I just realized that there was a sticky addressing this subject immediately above this post.

Forgive my idiocy.

Please delete this thread at your will.

bikerdoc
April 16, 2009, 08:02 AM
Thank you for your effort anyway.

Mal H
April 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
Yes, we do appreciate the help even if this tip was already covered, don't hesitate to add more if necessary.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "I figured that this may be a bit of a useful vBulletin advice here at THR..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!