uhhh.... help...S&W j frame

PDA

ndh87
April 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
I have a 442 that I took apart to clean...yea...i know shouldnt have done that. How in the &$*! does this this all go back together? Really the only part thats giving me trouble is getting the cylinder bar thats attached to the trigger back in. Theres a little spring that sits inside the trigger and is supposed to hold that bar forward that i cant get back in place. And some general tips on how to reassemble it would be nice

If you enjoyed reading about "uhhh.... help...S&W j frame" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jfh
April 18, 2009, 11:25 AM
Try posting this query in the "Gun Smithing and Repairs" forum, or ask a moderator to move this one there.

And, take a look at the Model 10 disassembly sticky at the top.

Finally--get a copy of Kuenhausen's (sp?) S&W revolvers to have on hand the next time you want to do this.

Jim H.

ndh87
April 18, 2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks, this pics in the Model 10 thread helped alot, got it back together and functioning.

If you enjoyed reading about "uhhh.... help...S&W j frame" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!