hornady cases

PDA

dakotasin
April 19, 2009, 11:13 PM
any idea who makes hornady rifle cases - and how they stack up to the more common remington and winchester cases?

If you enjoyed reading about "hornady cases" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
April 19, 2009, 11:27 PM
Hornady and Frontier teamed up some time back and I think that is who makes their brass now. I use hornady match brass for my .308 and .300 win mag reloads. I have been using winchester brass in other calibers with good results.

33rowdy
April 19, 2009, 11:30 PM
Not to bash anyone or Hornady/Frontier, I herd they are the worst brass to use. Meaning the domention is not goot. short in the length and ect.

jbkebert
April 19, 2009, 11:34 PM
The match brass I have been using is sorted by weight, thickness, and case length. I get more consistant results with the hornady in my experience. I bought some remington brass and it was all over the place. The winchester is pretty consistant. I have not tried Norma or Lapua brass yet but I have been told its the best out there. Just my .02

Runningman
April 20, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hornady and Frontier teamed up some time back and I think that is who makes their brass now. Frontier was started by Hornady in the 60s.

If you enjoyed reading about "hornady cases" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!