Pepper Spray

PDA

TWeatherford
April 19, 2009, 10:58 PM
My girlfriend and I attend college here in Western Kentucky. She likes to go jogging a fair amount, and is unavoidably out and about after dark sometimes. We are both going to get our CCW's this summer, when time and funds permit. However, she isn't ready to carry 24X7 and it isn't even allowed on campus anyway due to our bass ackwards safety oriented university administration.

She's got one of those $3 keychain jokes of a pepper spray can. I've been wanting to get her something bigger and badder for a while, at least something that will do more than what she has. I was looking here:

http://www.thegreatknifeshop.com/servlet/Categories

But no pictures or anything. I was thinking something big and powerful for backpack, car, etc, and maybe something smaller that she might actually carry jogging. Would anything here fit that bill? Any other suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pepper Spray" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheVirginian
April 20, 2009, 09:53 PM
Size isn't necessarily an indicator of quality. Talk to a local arms dealer about an effective, compact product. I have a couple that are only about twice the size of a lipstick unit (or actually the size of an automotive paint touch-up bottle if you know what they look like) which I keep in my glove compartments and at home. I think one or two may be made by a company called Bodyguard? There are a lot of sites that offer security and defense accessories. Just use a google search. The big, (almost spraypaint sized cans) are for bears... and crowds of protesting college kids :D
-Bill

Surefire
April 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
Is Fox Labs legal in California, if it is the 2 ounce model (I realize anything over 2.5 ounces is illegal in CA).

If it is legal, what sites carry Fox Labs?

Phydeaux642
April 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
Kimber Gaurdian Angel (now called the PepperBlaster). Around $40-$45.

LancerMW
April 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
just remember OC doesnt work on everyone

opksrj
April 27, 2009, 01:40 PM
I'm a little partial to the ASP can that doubles as a knuckle pack

Yo Mama
April 27, 2009, 02:09 PM
Buy a treadmill.

PotatoJudge
April 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
Here you go:
http://www.foxlabs.com/pepperspray.shtml

The keychain is what I gave to my wife to carry, and I keep a firemaster in each car. Much more reasonably priced than the Kimber stuff, and is some of the best stuff out there.

Borch
April 27, 2009, 09:24 PM
Anything by Foxlabs or Freeze +P by Aerko. Freeze is an OC/CS tear gas blend and I can personally attest to it's effectiveness having been sprayed with it on more than one occasion.

GojuBrian
April 27, 2009, 11:27 PM
"Buy a treadmill."

Good one!

:D

Have you considered a taser or stun gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pepper Spray" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!