which revolver for ccw

PDA

Revolver Ocelot
April 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
I'm going to make a new purchase for summer carry and am stuck between the s&w 649 and a 642-2/442-2 (no locks for me :))

I plan on carrying it appendix carry with a clip draw to reduce the width it takes up as much as possible.

If you enjoyed reading about "which revolver for ccw" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
April 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'd suggest getting a new 642 and removing the lock or lock flag.

I have read all sorts of complaints about the finish of the older ones. My recent one has a lock, but it also has a good finish that has not worn off, dissolved or any other such thing.

Revolver Ocelot
April 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
actually the 642-2 and 442-2 are part of the limited run of no lock versions, they're brand new

ArmedBear
April 20, 2009, 01:45 PM
Ah. Then I'd go with one of those.

Didn't know what the dash designation was for "no lock".:)

Revolver Ocelot
April 20, 2009, 02:56 PM
yep, sure is. thus far I've only owned rugers and older model smith's on account of all these fangled locks, it'd be kinda nice to own one of the newer revolvers from s&w

If you enjoyed reading about "which revolver for ccw" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!