An idea to promote gun rights

PDA

paramedic70002
April 20, 2009, 05:11 PM
(Thinking out loud)

The signers of the Declaration of Independence are pictured on the back of the 2 dollar bill.

2 of course is highly symbolic of the 2A.

The DHS paints certain individuals as extremists. Among them are gun owners. Certainly the signers would fit in this category.

Most gun owners either don't carry at all or CCW, thus we are the invisible majority.

In times past the US Navy has paid their sailors in 2 dollar bills to let the retail/business community know where their sales come from, even if the sailors are out of uniform.

Perhaps there is some kind of short catchy slogan that can be rubberstamped on these bills that can subtly tell people to respect our rights.

Ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "An idea to promote gun rights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thesolidus
April 20, 2009, 06:50 PM
Pro-gun bumpersticker slogans tend to get the conversation running the wrong way with people reacting with reasonless emotional arguments. (IMHO)

I'd rather see us embrace and advertise national service, community service, civic duty and such. If you can get someone friendly with folks with a sense of duty, that help protect the community, then they start getting friendly with PD, security and military.
I think lots of folks that are just anti-violence will see that there is a pathway to good there too. From there it's a short hop to realizing you don't need a government license to help someone, or a badge to be a good citizen.

When I talk RKBA I start with community work, CERT team, search and rescue, volunteer fire and EMS all over, reserved PD officers, ex Mil org's, private security org's and so on. People start thinking that RKBA is part of a solution we're all a part of, not "someone else's job."

My thought is, you want people to go pro-gun, get them pro citizen, off their couches and in the streets. I don't know many EMS, PD, Fire, Security that are anti RKBA.

armedandsafe
April 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
During the Korean doin's the Air Force at Nellis AFB would pay every one in 2 dollar bills. Las Vegas would be awash in them for weeks. :D

Pops

DesmoDucRob
April 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
I'm up for any idea that promotes RKBA awareness. While discussing this, why not volunteer at a local Boy Scout Troop, or firearms safety program for youths. I have volunteered with the boy scouts before, and I don't know of a better way to teach firearms safety and awareness to a crowd who is drooling with eagerness to learn. ...Just my $2.00 :)

hso
April 20, 2009, 09:07 PM
I like the idea.

There are plenty of markings/stamps on one dollar bills to track their path so stamping to a website that promotes RKBA is one way to get the general public to look at the information. Good symbolism as well.

Lou McGopher
April 21, 2009, 06:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheresgeorge.com#Controversy

SpecialKalltheway
April 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
that controversy was only because they were selling the stamps. If we just come up with what the stamp should say and let people know they can go to the local stamp store to have it made there is nothing wrong with this idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "An idea to promote gun rights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!