first time illinois deer hunting

PDA

flyboy1788
April 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
this will be the first time i will have to fill out all the applications for deer myself (last time my dad did it, as I was a lot younger). What do I need to know? Should I apply for the 1st lottery, 2nd lottery, or daily lottery?? Also, the area I will be hunting will have a moderate amount of brush and trees, so should I use my 1100 with deer barrel and iron sights, or my .50 muzzleloader with a 3-9x40 scope?? All opinions are welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "first time illinois deer hunting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AA080
April 20, 2009, 08:12 PM
Are you a non resident or resident?

I would apply for the first lottery which I believe the deadline is April 28th...Incase you don't get it, you always apply for the second one. Or check the box that you would accept second season (your call). Personally, I would use the 1100, especially in a little bit thicker areas like you are describing. What county are you going to hunt?

flyboy1788
April 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
that was basically what i was goin to fill out. I just wanted to hear somebody back it up. BTW I am a resident and I will be hunting in franklin county (sesser).

If you enjoyed reading about "first time illinois deer hunting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!