ASP Batons

PDA

Dimis
April 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
how good are these compaired to the "junk" ones i see in mail order catalogs and different places for sale
is an ASP really worth the extra?

If you enjoyed reading about "ASP Batons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EHL
April 22, 2009, 12:13 AM
I have one, and I paid more for it than those junk ones you see on CTD and other junk catalogs. They are very good and solid. Will definitly last you alot longer and will no doubt function alot better than those other cheapo ones that can get stuck and not extend, and are often made of inferior metals.

waterhouse
April 22, 2009, 12:18 AM
As always, check your local laws. Also, I recommend getting some training before carrying one.

The higher quality batons are definitely worth the premium.

Dimis
April 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
already checked the laws and i never said i would carry it

coyotehitman
April 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
how good are these compaired to the "junk" ones i see in mail order catalogs and different places for sale

The difference is night and day.

Definitely. ASP cuts no corners and produces a rock solid product that is worth every penny and guaranteed for life.

The 21" regular weight is the ideal size. Add a leverage cap and you can mimic the striking performance of the 26", while retaining the control of the 21".

Getting some training may be tough as it is a LE product.

hso
April 22, 2009, 12:33 AM

Yes, it is.

Dimis
April 22, 2009, 02:17 AM
thanks guys im convinced

seeker_two
April 22, 2009, 07:16 AM
As always, check your local laws.

Isn't it lovely that we live in a state where you can carry a longarm openly...but having an ASP on your person is a major no-no?.... :rolleyes:

Justice5
April 22, 2009, 07:47 AM
Yes. ASP is worth the money, but you should check out the Monadnock Baton. I had an ASP (duty issue) and sometimes it took more than one strike to a hard surface to get it to close. I now have a Monadnock that you just push a button on the handle end, and it closes up easily with the push of your hand.

Dimis
April 22, 2009, 01:04 PM
seeker tell me about it here you cant carry a knife with blade more than 3 inches without it being a nono but were an OPEN CARRY STATE!

justice is Monadnock a brand or a type?

hso
April 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
Brand, along with several others. Look in the cop shop websites for LE batons.

Coronach
April 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
I've used an ASP and a Monadnock. I prefer the Monadnock, but the ASP was not bad. Both are head and shoulders above the typical Tacticool Crap you can find at the Gun Show.

Mike

glistam
April 22, 2009, 03:11 PM
Monadnock is a brand, the "Autolock" is the name of their line that closes using a button. I have the 22" and the 16.75". ASP are great too, but I like the button closure system because it's convenient and adds the option of a low-profile opening.

Autolocks also are a little different in that some have 2"-long weighted striking tip, while others just have the small nub. Autolocks are also heavier (which means it hits harder, but is also more weight to carry and swing) and a little bit more expensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "ASP Batons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!