Ruger Police Service Six question...

PDA

aliasneo07
April 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
Hello gentleman,

Recently inherited a Ruger Police Service Six from my grandfather who passed the other month. I don't know how often it was taken to the range, I would be surprised if it was more than once a year, probably more like 5 times in the guns entire life. It is in excellent shape.

But I have a question:
The transfer bar seems to wiggle back and forth with the hammer back (and even when its in its normal position, but less-so.) Is the transfer bar supposed to wiggle or is this something I should send in to ruger for?

Thanks for the help!

PS: Inexpensive Holster recommendation? 4" model.

Pics for good measure:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Police Service Six question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GRIZ22
April 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
Mine doesn't. Call Ruger first and see what they say.

kanook
April 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
mine all have a little bit of movement. if it binds up the firearm then it's a problem. try speed dry firing it. if it binds up or feel like it is catching or dragging call Ruger. :D

aliasneo07
April 25, 2009, 12:25 AM
I wonder if this is sometihng I can replace myself?

No it does not bind up the gun.

Blue Brick
April 25, 2009, 12:57 AM
Very nice. I have a GF-84H.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Police Service Six question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!