Suppressing a Glock

PDA

kis2
April 24, 2009, 11:29 PM
hey all,

So I've been saving my pennies for my next big gun project, and am looking to silence my g19. I'm pretty up to speed on the legalities and the taxes involved, what I don't know is brand names and quality.

any reccomendations on barrels or suppressors and the places to get them? Obviously I want it quiet, but the less it costs, the more the wife approves.

and, of course, I would love to see some pictures.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressing a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GoodKat
April 25, 2009, 12:00 AM
I can think of Gemtech, Advanced armament, and AWC offhand.

Hostile Amish
April 25, 2009, 12:18 AM
AAC or Gemtech.

aubie515
April 25, 2009, 08:22 AM
Don't rule out SAS...he is a one man company, but his CS is top notch and his suppressors are well known with the guys on SH.

WoofersInc
April 25, 2009, 08:23 AM
For barrels look into Lone Wolf. They seem to be the go to guys for all things Glock.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=237

HippieMagic
April 25, 2009, 08:44 AM
I would like to get an AAC suppressor personally... Maybe when I get a lot of money to blow... college isn't cheap lol

Hawaiian
April 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
For 9mm I would go with either the AAC Evo 9 or the SWR Trident 9 suppressor.

kis2
April 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
lone wolf looks like they make a nice black barrel for the 19, awesome, thanks!

anyone have any kind of experience with the listed suppressors? about how quiet do you think it will be without subsonic ammo? i think the only place ive found so far is impact guns, so if anyone else has a good website please post.

thanks all, and lets see some pics!

HippieMagic
April 25, 2009, 06:36 PM
doesn't AAC sell direct? I don't remember... and it won't be very quiet... Do you have an ex you are trying to dispatch?

WoofersInc
April 27, 2009, 07:46 PM
Without subsonic ammo you will still have the sonic crack that will be fairly loud. With most suppressors made today if you are shooting subsonic ammo you can shoot them without hearing protection and be ok. Most are not going to be as quiet as you see in the movies or on TV. Closest to that is going to be a suppressed 22. My 22's when shot suppressed sound similar to a pneumatic nail gun when going off. Or about as loud as a air rifle.

RyanM
April 27, 2009, 07:54 PM
Lone Wolf is a great company. Oh, if you're considering going with OEM as much as possible, a Glock 17 barrel will not work with the Glock 19's lockup, but a G19 barrel will work fine in a G26. So you can't have a silencer and polygonal rifling on a G19. :(

Suppressor brands, no advice but I would look for one that comes apart for cleaning. They're harder to find, but cans will eventually get all gunked up.

Sam1911
April 27, 2009, 08:07 PM
Without subsonic ammo you will still have the sonic crack that will be fairly loud. With most suppressors made today if you are shooting subsonic ammo you can shoot them without hearing protection and be ok.

Aaaargh. Made this mistake a month ago with a buddy's G17. Shooting on our indoor range -- enjoying muffs-free shooting -- swapped mags and WHOOPS! Those zippy little 115 grs. will make you grab for the 'ears right quick! :what:

-Sam

PTK
April 27, 2009, 08:15 PM
and it won't be very quiet... Do you have an ex you are trying to dispatch?

You really ought to stop spreading misinformation. :)

kis2
April 28, 2009, 12:49 AM
so no one would fault me for getting say a gemtech trinity or vortex? they seem to be well priced compared to the aac ones (especially when you add the tax stamp).

i was also pretty surprised at how little a cost difference there is between the subsonic ammo I'm finding and regular, i thought it'd be a lot worse than that.

Thanks guys!

bratch
April 28, 2009, 09:00 AM
If you hurry (you have until Thursday) Gemtech is paying your $200 tax on their 9mm Tundra suppressor.

Storm
April 28, 2009, 09:15 AM
For barrels go with Lone Wolf. For the suppressor, go to Johns Guns http://www.johnsguns.us/main.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressing a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!