On a weekday trip to Gander Mountain

PDA

gmh1013
April 25, 2009, 11:29 AM
I was looking at S & W Model 60's and 36....699.00 and 749.00....
at those prices and a recession going on im surprised they can sell one or two a month.
Thats insane.

If you enjoyed reading about "On a weekday trip to Gander Mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thingster
April 25, 2009, 12:19 PM
There are wants and there are needs.

I count guns at that dollar level a want, and so long as people can afford their wants things really aren't going that badly.

But those prices are stupid. :eek:

Now before anyone points out the .357 during the depression, that's a totally different ballgame. Revolutionary cartridge, police demand, etc.

Thaddeus Jones
April 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
I buy the older, pre lock models. Better revolver, less money. Bonus is, they hold their resale value too! :)

chuckusaret
April 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
One can only guess that these are first time gun buyers or the independently rich people. For sure it won't be me, I buy only the items that are not available elsewhere. I buy the same Blazer ammo at Wal Mart for $12.95 for 40 rounds that Gander wants $39.95 for 40 rounds.

herbie1
April 27, 2009, 07:15 PM
I recently went to G.M. to see how much they would offer for my Model 66-3 2.5" barrel. It has only about 100 rounds through it -- I am the original owner. They offered me $181 for it. I thought that was a little low.:eek:

H.

mbr
April 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
At least in my area Gander is the most expensive place going for guns and accessories.

Thingster
April 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
I recently went to G.M. to see how much they would offer for my Model 66-3 2.5" barrel. It has only about 100 rounds through it -- I am the original owner. They offered me $181 for it. I thought that was a little low.

I do that with a pre-27 everytime i go into a new gunstore to "test the waters", see how honest they are.

If you enjoyed reading about "On a weekday trip to Gander Mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!