$99 Traditions

PDA

trapguy
October 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
I seen these at Gander mountain i think it was the tracker model, I was thinking of getting one to try BP, An d wondered if they are decent or crap and also with the 1 in 28 turn what are my options for bullets.

If you enjoyed reading about "$99 Traditions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
October 14, 2003, 09:25 AM
I don't know the gun but it's probably OK as the Traditions brand shotguns are good values. With 1:28 twist you will be using plastic sabots with pistol bullets, probably.

smokemaker
October 18, 2003, 01:25 PM
As with everything, you get what you pay for...especially true of BP guns

Redlg155
October 18, 2003, 01:54 PM
The Traditions are a a good value for the BP hunter on a budget. The accuracy is comparable to higher priced brands. They also offer many of the same features of the higher priced brands.

Lately I've seen some very nice offerings coming out from Traditions and CVA.

Good Shooting
Red

Josey
October 22, 2003, 03:37 AM
Ask first! Are these Armi San Marcos or Liberty? If they are, you might as well burn $99. I would not bother with them.

October 23, 2003, 11:41 AM
I never had very good luck with the Traditions.The CVA's are junk.Next step up would be the Lyman great plains.Now your talking about a good entry level muzzleloader.

Smokey Joe
November 6, 2003, 03:33 AM
My Traditions BP rifle is my only BP shooter; it is as accurate as any I've shot against. Two caveats, however: (1) Wait 'til after Xmas; when there are only a few left at that time their price will come down, and (2) buy a decent rear sight for the thing, which will cost you nearly as much as the gun when you buy gun in Gander's clearance sale. Oh, and (3) you will need a bunch of other stuff to shoot with besides the gun (powder measure, cap dispenser, range rod, ball puller, box in which to store everything, ear and eye protection, cleaning supplies, and on and on and on.) In this BP is just like any other form of shootingÑthere is just no end of toys available, and some are necessary and others are helpful.

Sam Fadala's book (Krause Publications; title:???) on introducing the new shooter to BP is good, but when I was getting into BP my feeling was that he assumed I knew stuff that I hadn't experienced yet. A common fallacy when an expert writes for newbies. Fadala was helpful to me in getting started, I hasten to add.

If you enjoyed reading about "$99 Traditions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!