Would there be a demand from US buyers for older no lock SW revolvers?

PDA

geologist
April 27, 2009, 04:02 PM
Would there be demand in the US for older, non-lock SW revolvers in 75-90% condition?

I'm thinking about 4" barrel and shorter K frames as well as J frames.

Canadian laws are very restrictive regarding these handguns (ie. 4" barrel and shorter). As time goes on, fewer and fewer Canadians will be able to possess these handguns as the right to possess them was granted on a one time basis only.

So the alternative is to export them if we can or they will eventually all be destroyed. :mad:

If you enjoyed reading about "Would there be a demand from US buyers for older no lock SW revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
April 27, 2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, there would be said demand.

I'm not saying you could make a fortune on them, but they would sell.

Older S&Ws without locks are certainly in demand.

Hansli
April 27, 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm sure you'd have no problem selling them. Concealment revolvers are in demand and have appreciated smartly in the last year or so.

weisse52
April 27, 2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, we can test this out by you sending me one now..:neener:

Everytime I see a non-lock S&W on our local on-line "for sale" site it is usually gone within a matter of hours. (if priced within reason).
So I think you would find a market.

Thaddeus Jones
April 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
YES there is a large demand. Too bad the company calling itself Smith & Wesson won't capitalize on it.

kanook
April 27, 2009, 05:22 PM
you will find that at fair market price to export from Canada back to the States it might not be worth the effort and hassle. If it is a collector or is rare then it might be worth it. :D

AlPackin
April 27, 2009, 07:14 PM
that is what the S&W portion of my 401k is based on ... been working for me, sure blows away the doomed stock markets

krs
April 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
A 401k full of penny stocks?

SWHC HAS gone up, for sure, from hovering at around $2.00 last Oct. to leveling at about $6.50 a share, but I wouldn't call that a market beater considering that most everything else has trebled since March.

The way things rust in Canada (look at the cars) I'd want a careful look inside any revolver from up there before I'd buy it.

steveracer
April 27, 2009, 08:08 PM
I think you'd have a lot of buyers. I'd buy them just to keep them from being de-milled.

AlPackin
April 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
"A 401k full of penny stocks?

SWHC HAS gone up, for sure, from hovering at around $2.00 last Oct. to leveling at about $6.50 a share, but I wouldn't call that a market beater considering that most everything else has trebled since March.

The way things rust in Canada (look at the cars) I'd want a careful look inside any revolver from up there before I'd buy it."

:)

it's just an overdue bear market rally that you got your money in ... mine is in real stuff, moving up relentlessly :)

351 WINCHESTER
April 27, 2009, 11:44 PM
As time goes on the older smith's will appreciate even more. Buy low and sell high.

sidheshooter
April 28, 2009, 02:51 AM
Would there be demand in the US for older, non-lock SW revolvers in 75-90% condition?

I'm thinking about 4" barrel and shorter K frames as well as J frames.

pre-lock 2 and 3-inch K frames do not sit in US dealer's display cases very long, to say the least.

kanook
April 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
The way things rust in Canada (look at the cars) I'd want a careful look inside any revolver from up there before I'd buy it."
most Canadians don't drive around with a firearm underneath their vehicle in the winter.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Would there be a demand from US buyers for older no lock SW revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!