converting yugo m70 to stock like ak 47

PDA

xbox360
April 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
What parts and all you need to convert a yugo m70 underfold to have a stock like ak47 ?

If you enjoyed reading about "converting yugo m70 to stock like ak 47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kman
April 28, 2009, 12:37 PM
New receiver!

nalioth
April 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
The Yugo M70AB2 has an 'underfold' like some 'ak47' rifles do.

Nugilum
April 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
Yep. The rear trunnion (the piece of metal at the back end of the receiver that the rear stock attaches to) is completely different between the underfold and fixed stock. :mad:

That's why I bought two. :)

xbox360
April 28, 2009, 01:04 PM
But how do I convert it? what do I need? just a stock and some tools?

lipadj46
April 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
But how do I convert it? what do I need? just a stock and some tools?

Just like was said above the underfolders do not have the tang that is required to mount a fixed stock. You will need a new receiver or have someone weld on a tang. I am not sure if the side folding stocks are compatible but that is worth a look. But pretty much if you want a standard stock buy a WASR or a Saiga or whatever model that comes with a fixed stock.

Ian
April 28, 2009, 01:44 PM
You can't convert it. Underfolders can only be underfolders. Some sidefolders can be easily swapped out with fixed stocks (and some other sidefolders can't be), but if you get an underfolder, you're stuck with it.

briansmithwins
April 28, 2009, 01:48 PM
There is no easy way to do the swap you want to. If you want to do it anyway...

You need to:
1) Replace the rear trunnion
2) Weld up the extra holes in the receiver.
3) Install a new rear trunnion and rivet in place.
4) Install new stock.

or

1) Replace entire receiver and rear trunnion.
2) Install new stock.

Probably be a better use of time and money to buy a rifle in the configuration you really want.

BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "converting yugo m70 to stock like ak 47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!